Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April 9th 2014 outage
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: April 9th 2014 outage
Just for a bit of an explanation of what happened here... This is a reply to the email I sent (which opened a support ticket under my account).

Quote:We were deliberately put under attack by spam bots and in order to prevent any damage we had to temporarily turn off our NYC server. I believe an email was sent out but since our mail system is hosted on our NYC server, the email never reached anywhere. However, this was a rare, unexpected and emergency situation, and we're currently deploying our spam filter policies server-wide to prevent future similar events.

We also had to sort through 100s of tickets submitted by spambots, which is why it has taken longer than usual to get back to your ticket. I sincerely apologize for the late reply.

And I employ my apologies for the unexpected downtime and if there is any questions you have or anything we can help you with, please let me know!

Essentially someone decided it'd be fun to spam them. (Must have been a pretty heavy spam attack for them to shut the server down...)

But at least it's good to know they're taking steps to ensure this won't happen again.
04-12-2014 08:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
April 9th 2014 outage - VirusZero - 04-09-2014, 09:11 PM
RE: April 9th 2014 outage - VirusZero - 04-12-2014 08:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison