Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Images may be broken
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: Images may be broken
Hey everyone,

Just a quick little heads up that recently it has come to my attention that Imageshack, the image host I've been using for several years to host various images/graphics, has decided to end their free accounts.

They've given all users 30 days of free trial before they have to upgrade to a paid account. <a href='https://imageshack.com/faq' rel='nofollow' target='_blank'>Right now</a> they're stating that images uploaded already won't be removed after the 30 day trial, but after 30 days new images won't be able to be uploaded (without a paid subscription).

But at this point I really don't trust imageshack to uphold that since they've waffled back and forth several times on other things they've done. Things like:
- allowing animated gifs (they allowed them at first, then they didn't and now they allow them again),
- allowing .swfs,
- having a limit of 500 images,
- an upload limit of 1GB
And now they are forcing paid subscriptions just to upload images.
<div class="tableborder"><div class="maintitle" style="margin:1px;cursor:pointer;padding:4px;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].style.display == 'none') { this.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].style.display = '' } else { this.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].style.display = 'none' }">Content Hidden</div><div style="padding:4px;margin:1px;display:none;" class="row2 postcolor"><div>
How much they're charging isn't much, 2$ a month, but it's the point that they are charging that bothers me. Though having to pay 2$ a month just to upload images does seem like a slap in the face anyway since I don't upload images there often enough to justify the cost. I mean the last image I uploaded to Imageshack was around Dec 15th 2013 so it'd be basically 2$ a month to upload one image each month.
</div></div></div>

As a result, I'm tired of them screwing around. So I've begun to purge all images from Imageshack. So you may notice that images in and around the side suddenly aren't working anymore.

I'm going to do my best to put everything back, but I will likely miss things. So if you see any images that are broken, please let me know.
01-28-2014 09:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison