Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Several updates - August 2014
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Several updates - August 2014
I've been working a bit behind the scenes to add some extra functionality to the site's themes.

Before the plot section of the sidebar was a static block of text that had to be edited in the theme section. But that's not the case anymore. I've written a full plugin that allows admins to easily add and update that section without having to mess with templates.

Furthermore, and to make things a bit more dynamic for users, this section randomly switches every time the user loads our index. This will hopefully allow users to see a nice variety of our current plots that we have going on (along with links to them and all that stuff).

I've taken time to add a good selection of the existing plots we have available (though I haven't added them all yet). This way hopefully more of what we offer will be visible.

Speaking of themes, I've also completed the Vile MK2 theme and it's been opened up so people can use it again. I've made some advancements with it (over it's original incarnation when we were on Jcink). This theme now uses the default Endless Fight templates so it has a sidebar (with collapsing sections) and a wider width. (The original theme had an 800px width, this new version has a 980px width.)

If you spot any errors or issues with it (like places where it's difficult to read, images are missing or where a colour seems to be missing/off) please let me know about it.

My next real plan is to start getting some of the achievements in place. I added that system in a while ago, but kind of got side tracked on getting the actual achievements added into it.

So what do you think?
How does the updated Vile theme look?
Is there anything you want to see added/changed overall on the site?
08-12-2014 08:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison