Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RE: Endless Fight's 2nd Birthday
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: Endless Fight's 2nd Birthday
On this day, it's been 2 years since I opened Endless Fight to the public. And we've not only seen a fair bit in the last 2 years, but also changed a fair bit. But we're not done yet, not by a longshot. In fact on this day it's my pleasure to announce several new things about Endless Fight.

First up, you will likely have noticed, we have a brand new look... titled "Endless Fight v2". This skin is a step forward for several reasons. It features a sidebar. Something which we haven't really seen before on Endless Fight. This sidebar contains links to the various important sections.

This sidebar is somewhat different from other sidebars you may see on sites, this is because you can toggle it on and off fairly easily. (By clicking the button aptly marked "Click here to toggle sidebar" which is located at the bottom of the forum). Furthermore each individual section can be toggled on and off on it's own (by clicking the top part. EX- "Chatbox"). So if you don't want to see the info in the Plot section... Toggle it closed. And of course this sidebar remembers the state of open/closed for each section. So if you close a section it'll stay closed when you navigate to another page.

Secondly, as part of the new sidebar, I've set up a brand new chatbox. This one has an auto-refresh feature built right in so users can see (and hear) exactly when a new shout is made. It also allows users to talk to each other in private conversations by double-clicking their name. (Though this requires an account to use this feature. And this launches the chat in a new window.)

And most importantly, I've registered a new top level domain name for the site. From now on, users will be able to access Endless Fight just by entering:

endlessfight.net

This url is much shorter and easier to remember so it should make the site that much easier to find.

These are all the changes for now, but within the next week I will be implementing some further ones... Things like:
- New ranks.
- Revised Emoticons.

So then... Thoughts on the new skin/chatbox/name/logo? Please let us know. If you don't feel comfortable with a public reply here or sending a Personal Message, here's a private method.
(All data submitted to Google Documents is submitted anonymously. AKA we, the staff of Endless Fight, cannot tell who has submitted what.)
02-15-2012 09:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison