Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiki Upgrade
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: Wiki Upgrade
I've taken a long, hard look at our current wiki's state of affairs and I've researched numerous options. And I made a decision.

Our old wiki is going away.

And we'll be using: wiki.endlessfight.net from now on.

Right off the bat though you probably won't notice a whole lot of changes compared to our old one. (This new wiki uses virtually the same layout, same CSS though slightly tweaked, has the same articles, etc...)

But with this change comes another fundamental difference. Our wiki is no longer with that previous host. I have purchased paid hosting and moved the entire wiki onto it's own site. (Which means I have a LOT more control now than before so no more silly ip ban nonsense.)

You won't have to reset your passwords or re-register or anything. I've already moved all that over. You should be able to go right to the new url and log right in.

Though during this move, I had a hard time collecting and transferring the pages. (My previous host's backup feature was broken half the time, resulting in times when only part of the files were collected and given properly.) So what this means is if you spot any pages that either:
1- aren't there and should be.
2- are there, but are missing content.

Please let me know so I can restore them individually. I don't think there are any pages that are missing/broken, but I may have missed some.
12-21-2012 01:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me

Well thanks man I appreciate it very much. Its nice to edit again ,anyways I made a backup account because I forgot my old password ,but I will use this account just fine. Now I can fix errors and what not. As if anything were missing I'll let you know of course ,but my main concern is characters first.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIeRzAV7Ah0[/video]
12-21-2012 04:03 AM
Find all posts by this user
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me

Ah, please don't register a duplicate account if you can't remember your username. On the login screen there is an option to reset your password. And if that doesn't work, please just PM me and I'll reset your password manually.

( I ask not to create duplicates because the wiki has custom access rules per user and if you have another account those rules wouldn't apply so you may not be able to edit in certain places. )
12-21-2012 04:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison