• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Complete] Some downtime coming
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
[Complete] Some downtime coming
Just as a heads up for everyone... I received this email a few days ago:

Quote:Hi,

I am sure by now you have noticed the decay of Simplix.net services. The course of the company unfortunately derailed severely from the planned path. It's with great sadness I write this email to announce the termination of Simplix.net services.

Simplix.net, formerly SimplixHost.com, has been serving clients web hosting, domain registration, and web development services for 4 years. Unfortunately, after the years the company had lost it's value proposition of "simple services" and rather became just another host.

All Simplix.net servers will stay online through the end of 2015. This is an open invitation for all clients to transfer and move to another web hosting company. Simplix.net is close friends with HostWithLove and WiredTree.

If you have a domain name registered with Simplix.net, please be aware that all domains will be unlocked and released for you to transfer your domain(s) to another registrar. We have hundred of domains registered and they will be unlocked in waves of 25 domains a day. Please email domainrelease@simplix.net with any questions regarding the process and/or requests for your domain's release sooner.

Thank you for your loyalty all these years.

Simplix.net Thank you for being a loyal customer, Simplix.net

Essentially our host is closing at the end of the year. But why am I mentioning this now? Well... because our bill is due soon so instead of renewing for 6 months (which would put me into March, well after the host would have closed...) I plan to only renew for a month at most while I transfer over to another host.

I do not yet have a host lined up for certain. However I do have several candidates I am evaluating. And I've sought further options from some people I know and trust regarding hosts.

This also means that there will be some downtime coming once I know for certain which host we'll be going with and when exactly this will happen. I'll update you when I have more info.
09-13-2015 09:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: Some downtime coming
If you're seeing this site now, the transfer has completed successfully. We're on the new server now. I also hope you'll find that the site loads considerably faster now.
09-17-2015 06:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Demon_skeith Offline
Veteran poster

About Me
loads the same for me but congrats on the transfer success.

Gamingforce - Daily video game news and game console news.
09-21-2015 01:52 AM
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
Works fine for me too.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIeRzAV7Ah0[/video]
09-21-2015 03:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
It might not be a huge speed increase then. (I just thought it seemed to load quicker for me.)
09-21-2015 12:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison