Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A pair of Capcom sanctioned Megaman albums
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
RE: A pair of Capcom sanctioned Megaman albums
http://capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2013...oming-this-fall

They're pulling in some big names, the likes of OCRemix, The Megas, Protomen and more. I feel like this is a good move on Capcom's part, some positive PR but still, we've had no game for the Blue Bomber's 25th birthday.

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
09-13-2013 01:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me

Remixing old Megaman themes is good. But I think they'd be better served in this case to stop focusing on the past and trying to remarket what we've already bought/got and bring us somethign new. I'd hope the idea well over at Capcom isn't completely dry yet since there's still a ton of room for new games in all kinds of their various franchises...

Games like:
- Devil May Cry 5 (not that reboot, I mean an actual numbered DMC5 which sees the return of classic Dante).
- Megaman X9
- Legends 3
- Starforce 4 (or pretty sure it's 4...)
- Breath of Fire 6 (an actual console version, none of this mobile crap.)
- Viewtiful Joe 3
- Ghosts N' Goblins
- Darkstalkers
- Strider (I know they have something with Strider coming out, but I don't recall if it was an HD port/remake of an older game or an entirely new one.)
- Final Fight

And especially since this is Megaman's 25th it deserves more than just a fan made music album.
09-13-2013 02:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me

Just for a bit of an update, they revealed what tracks will be for OCRemix's album.

Quote:Mega Man

"Searing Scissors" - Cut Man, AeroZ

"Breach" - Wily 1, Brandon Strader

"Bombs Away!" - Bomb Man, WillRock

Mega Man X

"Slow Your Roll" - Armored Armadillo, djpretzel / Diggi Dis

"Jungle Kuwanger" - Boomer Kuwanger, Phonetic Hero

"Electric Spark" - Spark Mandrill, Sixto Sounds

Mega Man Battle Network

"Amps Macabre" - Elec Man, ectogemia

"No Matter Where You Go, This Will Always Be Home" - AC/DC Town, Level 99

"Exchange" - Boundless Network, Radiowar
MM, MMX and EXE

Quote:Mega Man Legends

"Hanmuru Moon" - Hanmuru Doll, Mazedude

"Gate Crasher" - Main Gate and Flutter vs the Gesellschaft, Nutritious

"Tres Bonne" - We're The Bonne Siblings Three, Rexy

Mega Man Zero

"Fluid Motion" - Crash (Boss Battle), Jakesnke17

"The Nightwatch" - Neo Arcadia HQ, Neblix

"Rubber Horse" - Fake, fredrikd

Mega Man ZX

"Dagger Vision (Second Sight mix)" - Area L Laboratory, DarkeSword

"Ore wa Rockman ZX!" -  Area C City, Helicopter Knife Fight

"Model Funk" - Area B Mountain Pass, Theory of N

Mega Man Star Force

"Spacegazer" - Deep Space Theme, Flexstyle

"Libra Funkadelic" - Libra Balance Stage, halc

"Falling Star" - Main Menu, Joshua Morse

MML, MMZ, ZX and SF

What do you think of the selection of tracks?
09-28-2013 03:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me

The albums have been released yesterday to download via iTunes for $9.99. I'm going to see if I can't find the tracks on youtube first, assuming Capcom doesn't yank them down immediately.

As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
10-30-2013 02:00 PM
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me

After listening to both albums, I have to say I'm not impressed. There were only two tracks on both albums that I kind of liked, but not so much that I'd support Capcom by buying them.

From Megaman Rocks:
X-Hunters Stage by X Hunters
Breaking Out by The Protomen

From For Everlasting Peace:
Electric Spark by Sixto Sounds
Gate Crasher by Nutritious

For Everlasting Peace can be found here:
<a href='http://mm25.ocremix.org/' rel='nofollow' target='_blank'>http://mm25.ocremix.org/</a>

I've misplaced the link for Megaman Rocks.

11-07-2013 07:58 PM
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me

Capcom? Don't you mean Can'tcom? Since Capcom is not doing well anyways they aren't pulling in really much revenue as of late. Gee I wonder why? Anyways as for the 25th anniversary music disks. I haven't given them a listen really. I knew there were tons of famous music groups involved which could have helped ,but if you are not feeling anything catchy from them. Then that's not a good sign.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIeRzAV7Ah0[/video]
11-07-2013 08:28 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me

I haven't really bothered to look into the albums yet, and to be blunt... I'm not all that compelled to. Sure I like the music from the Megaman franchises. But I don't need to hear the 200th remix of Armoured Armadillo's level (even if the music is good). I'd just rather have a new game at this point.
11-07-2013 08:38 PM
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me

You know Virus you aren't the only one who says this. I have been saying this for a long time along with a bunch of other older capcom fans too and we all agree to one thing. Capcom either. A: needs to move on and do something or B: give want the fans they really want. No they went with option C: We do what we want and give no damn to our consumer base and do things no one likes which shows arrogance up the A.S.S.

And look at that they haven't delivered and as a result they are low in the bank right now because nothing they are doing is saving them anything. RE6 was a commercial flop, Dmc was also a flop and don't get me started on Rockman Xover which oddly enough is one of the few games they have that is doing well ,but as of now or till whatever point Capcom America gives up that protest of bringing it to the west. Which I am glad by the way. By well I mean only in Japan because their base for gaming is tons different than it is here in the west granted things like IOS are doing games ,but honestly do you want this game though the argument is its free and you don't have to pay a dime. It looks like an average flash with no polish or charm. Though I said that game isn't getting a dime I digress and say it does cost a dime because all the extra stuff is DLC after the base game.

So long as they continue this trend they will not survive to see this next generation. I suspect unless they do something right they will not live on and I hate to say that because of my past history with the old days of capcom is why I still care about this damn company. You know what they are hoping to save them? DLC and a supposed Resident Evil 7. (Supposed as I mean its only rumor ,but has been hinted)

There are problems to this because I imagine the fan base after Resident Evil 6 probably gave up and simply got tired of waiting for another good RE game because irony is the series is still hanging on because of RE Revelations which finally got put on the right system not saying I hate the 3DS ,but RE games are meant for the home systems ,but after RE6 and RE: Operation Raccoon City. I don't think Capcom has what it takes to make a good resident evil game and I mind you I love both classic and modern styles of that series.

And to add to the fire they haven't done anything game wise for the 25th anniversary for the megaman series. Unless you count SFxMM or that crappy excuse of a flash game the 25th anniversary I expect nothing for games unless they have been yanking our chains the whole time and surprise us which I find highly unlikely. The only thing I can see them doing is releasing a compilation or a megaman collection because those aren't hard to re emulate. Hell the sonic series can do that why not megaman?

Okay I am done. This is just frustrating when a company you have followed for a long time for its awesomeness can barely hold a candle now. Oh and before I forget these music disks are supposed to be a part of that 25th anniversary ,but with nothing to show for 25 years of gaming is sad. Sure the music is great ,but like you said virus I don't want to hear the same music over and over again as much as I love megaman music in general. I want more meat than just music.

11-07-2013 10:40 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
So, I've had a listen to OCRemix's 25th anniversary album (For Everlasting Peace) and I have to agree Jet. There was little there that interested me at all. Most of the mixes were pretty bland sounding.

Sixto Sound's Electric Spark was probably the best. (Though it's kinda hard to go wrong with Sixto since he does pretty good work.)
"Gate Crasher", "Fluid Motion" and "Jungle Kuwanger" were ok. But having heard Maverick Rising's "Towering Revolution" the "Jungle Kuwanger" remix here just sounds bland and listless.

"Tres Bonnes" was ok once it actually broke out into the main melody (at a minute in). But it took almost way too long for that to happen. And even after the main theme came about it branched off and got kinda weird by the 2 minute mark.

"Rubber Horse" was just... what the fuck? I mean I kept expecting it to break out into Yakkity Yak. Since it sounded nothing like the original.

Drifter, I agree that Capcom's fallen a long way. And what's sadder is that they don't even seem to be trying to pull themselves up yet. Last I'd heard they just announced Streetfighter 5.
Which is great I suppose... But where's Megaman? Devil May Cry? Viewtiful Joe? Come on... there are all these classic characters and they're just languishing in limbo.
12-11-2014 10:01 PM
Demon_skeith Offline
Veteran poster

About Me
Capcom will go the way of Sega soon, since they had to go begging to Sony for money for SF 5. I just hope Nintendo or Sony buys them out.

Gamingforce - Daily video game news and game console news.
12-12-2014 03:26 AM
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
Hard to say ,but if that's the reason why they are stuck on Sony with their series that's just sad. Granted who in bloody hell even owns an Xbox One anyways right? Not to insult any Microsoft fans of course. granted I don't own a PS4 nor desire one right now ,but this is interesting to say the least and then there is the episodic RE Revelations 2 which I wasn't fond on the whole episodic idea, as they are trying to compete with the walking dead game since its also episodic I suppose... I know the first revelations was somewhat episodic ,but that was because of being on the 3DS initially it suffered somewhat like Peace walker where you can only go as far as your mission area allowed granted backtracking became less of an issue I guess. also at least revelations was mostly a whole game now the second one will be released via chunks at a time which I dislike.

I suppose you can say the same with RE5 and RE6 ,but again aside from DLC the game was all there with the barred content. Now imagine how RE Revelations 2 is gonna be like with this whole episodic format. That to me is a buzz kill. Sure an episode could range from a low price ,but its really bothersome to me.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2014 03:11 PM by randomdrifter865.)
12-12-2014 03:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison