Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonic Boom!
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
Sonic Boom!
Well a while ago sega was hinting was taught as just a CG cartoon show with sonic and co. Turns out there is a game for it and here is its trailer. Now Virus originally showed an image for it via the chat in one of our numerous conversations.

Heads up this game is for the Wii U and 3DS again... On the brighter note you are not playing as just Sonic this time. Big Grin Apparently the same people who worked on Jak and Daxter series and Rachet and Clank made this. Sounds promising

Negatives.... You can guess what some people be freaking about most about this.

My complaint there is only one thing that bugs me ,but I'll let it slide if you can guess it more power to you.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIeRzAV7Ah0[/video]
02-07-2014 03:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me

Is it some of the character designs? Like how Sonic has blue arms? Because I personally like that Knuckles has some muscle mass going on
02-07-2014 10:36 PM
DamascaRamza Offline
Gotta Catch 'em All

About Me

Knuckles looks like he's a Crash Bandicoot villain now, I don't really care for that. I'm willing to give it a go though, but I think the original Sonic continuity is what I'd rather play.

[Image: DanteSig.png]
02-08-2014 07:06 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: Sonic Boom!
Well, this game has been released now for about a week... (November 11th was it's release date.) Though it gotten almost universal panned.

Has anyone gotten a chance to play it? Is it as bad as the reviewers state?

Also, has anyone watched the TV series that this is supposed to be a prequel for?
11-16-2014 10:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
I don't get how Sonic is still around, after having bad game after bad game. Almost every game since he's entered the 3D era has been bad, with some straight out awful, and the developers are showing no signs of stopping. Now don't get me wrong, I'd be a little sad if they came out and said 'since sales have been awful for years we're shelving Sonic and discontinuing his games' but I can't help but compare Sonic's situation to Megaman. How is the blue bomber dead in the water while the blue blur, despite heavy criticism, is still going?

I haven't played this new game myself, but I will say I am not a fan of the new character designs.

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
11-17-2014 01:15 AM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
I don't overly mind Sonic's redesign since it's not really that drastic of a departure for him. (The bandages are odd though.)

Though I think the only reason Sega keeps pumping out Sonic games is in the hope something sticks. But I think they need to stop crapping out games and just make one that's ultra polished. I mean most of Sonic's latest games have been pretty dull to outright bad. Even since he went 3D the games have been more miss than hit. (I'm not including Sonic Generations here since it's half 2D and largely nostalgia anyway so very little of it is strictly new.)

And for Capcom... I think they're really afraid to take a chance on Megaman games. I mean their bank accounts were pretty low last we heard. And I haven't heard anything new/different yet. And at this point they really can't afford to waste money on anything if they expect to survive. (Even though I'm sure if they took a smaller dev team and made a game that people would buy it. No need for a 60 million dollar remake.)
11-17-2014 11:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Our Affiliates - Affiliate with us!
Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight
We're listed at:
Forum Promotion RPGfix Vote for Endless Fight at Top Site List Planet
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison