Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS
Darc Abyss Offline
Welcome Aboard Cadet

About Me
RE: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS
A quick thought: Chrom might be an Assist Trophy instead of a full character. Not fully sure, but as he doesn't have a page on the website, it seems likely.

Also, there was supposed to be a demo in my town, even checked online, but I guess they didn't get the memo. Or they did it on the day I had to work. So that sucks.
07-15-2014 12:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
Chrom looked like he makes an appearance in Robin's Final Smash.

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
07-15-2014 12:41 AM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
SO Shulk..... and Baby Bowser...
I have said enough. Still holding out for Issac, I know he's wanted and I think he looks legit.

On a side, I really hope they revamp the pokeballs. I hate munchlax, Gardevoir, Goldeen that I am cursed with always getting, and Wabafeete. It feels like The useless ones are all too often. Same with the assists, though I really hope Custom Robo comes back as an assist.
08-30-2014 07:12 PM
Darc Abyss Offline
Welcome Aboard Cadet

About Me
So, final roster has been leaked, and confirmed. I... am a little disappointed. Just a little.

Just gonna go through what I think of the newly revealed characters.

Dr. Mario: Your favorite malpractice master is back! Why? I don't know. Could have had a fun Final Smash with the viruses, but nope. Pill version of regular Mario's.

Bowser Jr.: Wasn't really interested in him, and his final Smash looks both annoying and cheap. Turns into Shadow Mario, paints a big X on the screen, enemies who touch it are damaged. Lots of alternate costumes though, and might be a decent fighter, don't know yet.

Dark Pit: Checked. Except for one move and his Final Smash (much like Zelda's and Sheik's.) he's identical in every way to Pit. So... What the hell happened to Wolf? I get that he's supposed to be a complete copy of Pit, but I'd have preferred Hades if gods/goddesses are allowed to fight.

Duck Hunt: The dog. And a duck. This seems like it'd be Dan Hibiki, if he was allowed to fight along side a parrot, and kick explosive cans around. Probably a fun troll character, and I'm guessing he does the laugh if he wins... I feel like whoever plays this character might get shot at.

Returning veterans not yet revealed on the site: Ness, Jigglypuff, Wario, Ganondorf (still no swordplay) Falco, and ROB.

Still looks like a fun game, but I'm hoping for DLC. Issac would be great to have, still.
09-26-2014 01:37 AM
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
Dr. Mario in particular annoys me. If they were going to bring anyone back from Melee, anyone at all, the only worse choice would have been Pichu. The internet wants Mewtwo and to a lesser extent Roy. Personally unless they redesign Roy I'm fine if he doesn't come back as a character, but he should at least be an alternate skin for Marth. Just like Lucina should have been.

I don't understand where they draw the line. Dark Link is an alternate skin for Link. Dark Samus is an assist trophy, and Samus has a skin that looks similar to her coloring. Shadow the hedgehog is an assist trophy. Quite a few of Nintendo's characters have dark doppelgangers, but why does Dark Pit get a character slot? It just looks like Sakurai wants another character from his game, and if that were the case I'd have agreed with Abyss and welcomed Hades to the cast.

On a similar note, Gannondorf does play differently enough from Falcon now that I'm open to not calling him a clone anymore. Even so, lack of a sword is still disappointing. Especially considering he's holding it in a lot of the official game art and in his taunt, Sakurai knows we want it. It is actually incorporated into one of his custom moves, his charged Warlock Punch has him holding the sword, giving the move a little more range but that's about it. No change to the animation, they just kind of photoshop the sword into his hand.

On the subject of custom moves, Fox has three which are similar to Wolf's in Brawl. His B, Side-B and Up-B all behave like Wolf did, so even if we never get Wolf back as DLC there is that option.

Duck Hunt Dog. This character could have been Banjo Kazooie had Nintendo kept the rights to Rare. Would've worked better since the dog and the duck ought to be mortal enemies, I don't understand why they're working together. But they're actually a good character, they have a better spacing and keep away game than Megaman sadly.

As for those returning veterans, I don't understand why I have to unlock characters like Ness in game after game. I should just get all of the veterans and have to unlock the new characters. But again, logic doesn't work on Sakurai.

I hope for Smash 5 they get a new director, I'm really getting tired of Sakurai. He doesn't listen to feedback, puts his own games ahead of more deserving characters and loathes the competative scene. Its time to put someone else in charge, he's taken the series as far as he can go. And honestly, I'm not happy with the state of the game so far, it isn't the leap forward between games that every other iteration was. Melee was much improved from 64. Brawl had a different engine, lots of new characters and mechanics and was a fun game despite not being anything like Melee. And Smash 4? Seems virtually identical to Brawl.

I'm not impressed with this game yet. I don't think I'll be getting the 3DS version, I hate the controls. I'll probably still get the Wii U version if the online play is good, but I was expecting more and left wanting.

As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
09-26-2014 11:09 AM
Demon_skeith Offline
Veteran poster

About Me
Quote:This character could have been Banjo Kazooie had Nintendo kept the rights to Rare.

hugest mistake in Nintendo's history.

Gamingforce - Daily video game news and game console news.
09-29-2014 12:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
Fun fact, I've never played Banjo Kazooie
09-29-2014 09:25 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Personally, I'm not fond of the clone characters period.

Ideally if they wanted clones they should have just done them as alternate skins. (Since it's not THAT difficult for them to create alternate skins. They wouldn't have to alter the hitboxes much in most cases since many characters, that could be clones, are so close to existing characters in size. EX- Falco is only slightly taller than Fox. ) This way people to maybe say choose Fox, then set which skin to use then set colour scheme.
(Maybe select character, push left/right to select which skin, then X/Y to set colour.)

This way they could reserve slots for more characters that have a different play style. I'd have loved to see them get Bayonetta in there. (She has some pretty cool capabilities.)

Spoiler:
B - Gunfire (Hold to unleash rapid fire burst)
B + > - Stinger (with selected weapon)
B + ^ - Jet upper/Flaming kick (similar to Fox's B+^)
B + v - Single ground stomp and Change equipped weapon (Shuraba/Katana = standard range/power, Kulshedra/whip = long range/less power, Durga/claws = closer range/higher power )

A - Simple strike combo with equipped weapon (B+v)
A + > - Quick forward kick with Odette (Ice skates), has small chance to slow opponent for a second.
A + ^ - Kick flip (does a flip in place and kicks the opponent. Smash version has her fire guns at enemy too.)
A + v - Sweep kick (spins in a circle and kicks those around her. Smash version has her fire guns.)

Jump - Double jump with slow float effect due to Madame Butterfly wings.

Smash ball - Wicked Witch Time - Bayonetta slows down time to stop opponents where they are. Then she unleashes one of her summons (at random) to punish opponents:
- Madame Butterfly attacks all those on screen with a flurry of kicks and punches.
- Gomorrah appears from bottom of screen and eats opponents.
- Scolopendra appears from the sides and crushes all opponents.
- Hekatoncheir appears from the corners and volleys opponents from side to side then drops them off screen.
- Malphas appears from top of the screen and dive bombs to kill enemies.

And given that Square likes money and they've done 3rd party inclusions now, there really isn't a reason for Geno not to be there. He'd likely be a more interesting fighter than Baby Bowser or Dark Pit.

I'd also kind of like them to pull back a bit on the number of Pokemon they include as playable characters. I mean any more than 2-3 really is a bit much. (Especially if they have Pikachu and Pichu...) If they want to make Pokemon playable like that, why not make a Pokemon fighting game using the SSB engine?
I'm sure that'd sell pretty well. And they could a larger selection of pokemon if they wanted. (Plus given that the engine already exists they could probably have this game done much quicker.)

And for a bit of an aside, I also must concede that I've never played Banjo-Kazooie.
09-29-2014 11:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
I feel like Dark Pit is differnet than normal Pit, having played at him. That doesn't change that its a stupid clone character. Clone like Link to Toon Link I feel are fine, as they do play drastically different, but what can i say, nintendo has my money
10-05-2014 10:24 PM
Darc Abyss Offline
Welcome Aboard Cadet

About Me
It's still a fun game. Got all the characters, got all of Little Mac's custom moves. The drop rate for those is mostly random, usually being a move for the character you are using. So, guess who I've used the most so far?

Smash Run is fun, though it can be frustrating at times when you get smacked around by enemies repeatedly. Also, the random final matches can be random. Focused on attack and special? It's a race! Speed and jumps are all you got? Everybody else maxed defense and arms, and it's raining items.

I like the new difficulty setting for Classic. It's exactly like Kid Icarus (surprise!) in that it goes 0.0 to 9.0, with 2.0 being normal difficulty, changed by betting coins. You choose one of three paths, select a random reward from a slot wheel, where you can get trophies, custom parts, coins, or nothing, and then fight. Keep going till you get to Master Hand, and if the difficulty is high enough, choose to fight both Master Hand and Crazy Hand.

All-Star is about the same, except instead of starting with one opponent and slowly increasing, it's about five or six in one match, with three at a time. Has only the standard "Easy-Normal-Hard" difficulty. The healing items in the resting room are different too. Got a Maxim Tomato, a Heart Container, and a Fairy Bottle, which only heals you for 100%, only if your damage is above 100%.

The Mii Fighters are fun. I kinda wonder why they didn't add a mage type fighter, but whatever. Use a Mii of yourself and beat down your least favorite character, or battle your friends without any blunt force trauma or stab wounds. Lots of special moves to change how your fighter plays. Want a near suicidal Brawler with a charging uppercut? Want a ranged Swordsman with a rainbow reflect move? Want a Gunner with a fetish for explosions? You got it! Also got custom outfits, which are random drops (got jack shit for Brawler yet).
10-06-2014 02:06 AM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
After having played the game... While I definitely think it's fun and I've very much enjoyed playing it (with and against other players) I do think it has a fair bit of room for improvement. (Even if I don't really think that'll happen.)

I also don't care for most of the stages. I find too many of them go crazy on moving around. (Like Orbital Gate Assault, which looks awesome, but is so easy to die because it switches on you and you have no time to see where you need to land to survive.)
I don't know if their omega versions are similar or not. (Or even if they can be selected in single player... I would think they can be for multi though.)

I also really miss some of the older stages. (I liked Big Blue from Melee and Corneria from the original. So I'd love to see them return.)

I'd also like to see bit more ability to customize fighters. Like for Megaman he has a pretty large selection of powers to draw from (roughly 80 enemy powers, plus extra abilities like Rush Adapter) so it'd be nice to be able to pull more from them.
It'd also be kinda nice to be able to customize the A attacks too. Though that might be asking a bit too much.
02-05-2015 08:31 PM
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
Okay, it's time to talk about Cloud. I think it's safe to say that none of us saw this coming, particularly since he breaks one of Sakurai's eligibility rules for a character's inclusion into Smash - having never been on a Nintendo console. Seems as though Nintendo has taken some creative control away from Sakurai and decided that anything goes. I used to laugh at people that begged for Goku and Master Chief, but I don't think I can rule anyone out at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc3CY31k...e=youtu.be

I'd honestly like to know how such collaboration is even possible. Pacman was a natural fit due to collaboration with Namco, but getting rights to Megaman and Ryu from Capcom was surprising enough. Sony is in direct competition with Nintendo, I'd expect to see Cloud in Playstation All-stars but not here. Really, if they were going to get anyone from Square wouldn't the obvious choice have been Geno? And with the FF7 remake coming out I'm shocked to see Cloud in Smash. It'd make no sense to release FF7 on Wii U, the exclusivity of the game is a major selling point for the PS4 but maybe this is a sign of things to come? I have no idea anymore.

After revealing Cloud, the Nintendo Direct also announced plans for a Smash broadcast in December, probably with a release date for Cloud and hopefully revealing the results of the character poll. Since most of us didn't even consider Cloud a possibility for Smash I strongly doubt that he was highly requested in the character poll. I'm excited to hear what else is in the works.

As for Cloud's moves, I feel like they definitely used assets from Ike, and possibly Shulk in building him. That said, I expect him to feel similar to Ike but not necessarily a clone, probably the same level of difference between current Captain Falcon and Gannondorf, who are no longer considered clones. But honestly, that little showdown with Ike at the end was deliberate, Omnislash looks exactly like the Great Aether final smash. He looks good, seems to have a solid mix of speed and power, with both ranged and close quarters combat. I think I'll give him a try, I really enjoyed Ike in Brawl and neither Ike nor Shulk perform the way I'd like in Smash 4, so Cloud might be exactly what I need.

11-13-2015 05:47 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
I honestly think the next logical step is for Nintendo to just start accepting all characters into Smash regardless of platform. I think if they ever did that it'd sell like crazy.

Though if that ever happens it's going to spell the end of the console wars and the start of the gaming singularity. We'll all be playing Halo 25, Mario Party 30 and Uncharted 17 on the Nintendo X-station.

Regarding Cloud though, perhaps Final Fantasy Theatrhythm was enough to qualify? (Cloud was in that and it was on the 3DS.) I'd call that a pretty big stretch though.
Still with Final Fantasy 7: Remake coming out they may want to use this as a way to keep FF7 out there and hype the new game. (Maybe they're a lot closer to completion than they're letting on?)

Still I think it'd have been better to have Geno instead. Geno would fit more and would give fans what they want. Unless this is just a precursor and one of the characters coming actually is Geno... But getting Cloud is just a bonus part of the deal.

Either way I'm going to be picking up Cloud. I think he looks like a solid fighter.
11-13-2015 10:54 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Well, after today's Nintendo direct (visible below in case you want to watch/rewatch it)

They've announced:
Spoiler:
  • Corrin (Male and Female versions) from Fire Emblem Fates.
  • Cloud is available today (Dec 15th).
  • New Mii costumes (Geno from Super Mario RPG, Tails, Knuckles, Ashley from Wario Ware and a few others).
  • Bayonetta.

They showed off some of Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta's capabilities too which was nice.

Bayonetta and Corrin are coming February 2016. Bayonetta has a stage while Corrin doesn't.
12-15-2015 11:48 PM
Demon_skeith Offline
Veteran poster

About Me
Have to wonder why they didn't go the extra mile for Corrin and give the character a stage?

Anyways, a good reveal but I hope they will still be adding more characters in the future. I know this is the last smash focused direct but I didn't hear anything but no more DLC.

I know people want shovel knight and Shantae in the game.

12-16-2015 02:42 AM
Demon_skeith Offline
Veteran poster

About Me
Here is a recent match with VZ:

02-08-2016 03:07 AM
ThatAnimeGuy Offline
Konami code

About Me
(10-05-2014 10:24 PM)Vile Wrote:  I feel like Dark Pit is differnet than normal Pit, having played at him. That doesn't change that its a stupid clone character. Clone like Link to Toon Link I feel are fine, as they do play drastically different, but what can i say, nintendo has my money

I felt Toon Link different to regular Link, but that's just me. I've noticed more Toon Link opponents than people using regular Link. As for Dark Pit, I've played with Pit and him and I found Dark Pit to be a bit stronger. Maybe it's just me.

Overall, I've played Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U and I love them both. Smash 3DS is perfect to pick up and play on the go while Smash Wii U is nice to play on the big screen.

I find myself playing online over single player. I would have been curious to see how they'd make a single player campaign since this is the first Smash game I've "really played". I heard previous Smash games had one but I don't believe I've ever tried it before.
08-31-2016 09:39 PM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
I keep trying to play like pros, and I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Every time I attack, land, anything There is a frame lag. Yet the computer and pros can juggle attacks like nothing. More often the frame lag effects me from doing to move I want to do. What gives?
12-24-2016 03:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison