Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMZ?! Azura Striker!
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
MMZ?! Azura Striker!

Just watch that gloriousness. Its the baby of Comcept and Inti Creates. Notice how the jumping spites are DEAD ON of Zero jumping? Or the fact that he looks to play just like Zero/ZX did? Oh and the bosses. Do they not look like Reploids? As in, dead on, not questions asked that Fire dude could have been in ZX as a biometal and no one would have said a thing, reploids. Yes. My money shall seek this game, for it appears to be beyond any other games today.
03-08-2014 10:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: MMZ?! Azura Striker!
That looks pretty awesome.
I hope they bring this game west... (And as an actual physical game and not just a digital copy.)
03-08-2014 11:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
You can download games on the 3DS eshop fairly easily, and I'll probably download this one and support the company for carrying on this style of gaming. And if its a success it'll further rub Capcom's nose in the dirt.

The bosses themselves look fairly good, and I hope they and the levels are as difficult as I've come to expect from the series.

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
03-08-2014 01:05 PM
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
@Jet

Remember Virus isn't fond of digital downloads. Granted I have a few games that are purely digital download myself ,but even I am cautious on what it is.

Still its looks fun and reminds me of the Zero and ZX series in terms of graphical ,art style and 2d action game, but I don't think this will be the one that rubs dirt in capcom's face. I am still rooting for Mighty No.9 to do that ,but if this does just as well then its done its purpose.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIeRzAV7Ah0[/video]
03-08-2014 01:15 PM
Silver Stryker Offline
Stone Cold

About Me
And this is why my name has a Y instead of an I.

Sounds pretty cool. The involvement of Inti Creates brings about a subconscious level of disdain but....that's because I still don't like the MMZ art style. Luckily, that's a factor that doesn't play into my overall interest. I don't think I've ever taken the time to configure my network settings on my 3DS though. So I might not even pick up this game.....where is my 3DS anyway? lol

[Image: Silv3r%20Stryker.jpg]
03-08-2014 04:10 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
I don't like digital at all (don't like paying money for things that can be yanked away from me in the blink of an eye...) that stated though I have bought a few digital games...
Spoiler:
Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy for $9 (back when they had the Final Fantasy anniversary sale in 2013),
Killzone: Mercenaries for $9, The Walking Dead Season 1 + 400 Days expansion for $5 and
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for $7 (all as part of this sale marked 14 games for 2014).
But they are the exceptions rather than the rule.

And unfortunately, from the sounds of it, this game will be digital only.

If I had a *DS (was considering a 2DS because it's cheaper and I don't care for 3D anyway) I would have likely picked this up. Might still if I get a *DS and the price drops low enough. (Anything over $10 is too much though.)
03-08-2014 09:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Demon_skeith Offline
Veteran poster

About Me
The game looks pretty awesome, can't wait to play it.

Gamingforce - Daily video game news and game console news.
03-09-2014 03:53 PM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
I am fine with Comcept doing some Digital only titles currently. They most likely have a tight budget, and not making cases saves them. Coming westside only saves move. It's a smart move for a new company, and once these games will be the success they already prove to be, the company will begin to make the copys that Virus wants.
03-10-2014 01:26 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
So now that this game is actually out...

For those that have played it, what do you think?
09-01-2014 09:53 PM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
I love it. Its pretty easy on the first run through, but in order to S rank you need to use an item that makes the levels far more lethal. Overall, I am not displeased with it, and I love that get a free copy of MIght Gunvolt as well with it!

That said, I am slightly annoyed by the cutting of dialog as you play through the stages. While the Japanese version had an option to turn them off, and I don't see why you would because they have voice acting, the option to simply read them isn't available on our version. So long as I get a copy of the script in its entirety I'll live. Just wish before that super final battle I would have had more character development to make the feels.

The bosses are all pretty much badass. I am not found of the Bug guy, or the Magnet guy (orange and yellow) but attack styles and such make them all neat and intriguing. I personally favor Viper. If your not familiure, its the fire themed boss in the factory stage. That guy... man he is just awesome. His attitude is right up the ally of characters I enjoy, and I love his design after he unleashes his weaponization. The fact that his guns act as a second set of legs to become a unicorn-centaur just blows my mind on the cool scale. Zonda also for some odd reason intrigues me. With as much distaste as I have for genderqueer I should hate xem, but I don't. While I was mad about never fighting xem in game, I am happy we get he fight in Mighty Gunvolt. I can only hope for a DCL stage featuring Zonda.

Lastly, anyone who has questions about the story and such, I recommend you visit the official page.
http://gunvolt.com/en/world00_00.html
Much is explained there that wasn't in the game. This ranges from what the Swords, 'biometal' transformations, Jouel and such are in its completion.

EDIT: Sequel pretty much confirmed. This is what we call, a happy Vile.
http://nintendoeverything.com/inti-creat...lt-sequel/
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2014 12:42 AM by Vile.)
09-06-2014 07:53 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
And in a bit of a strange twist, Azure Striker Gunvolt is now coming to Steam (for 15$) on August 28th. And for those who buy the game between August 28th and September 28th they also get Mighty Gunvolt too (for free).

Source

Anyone looking to pick this up now that it's an option on Steam?
08-21-2015 12:49 PM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
If you don't already have it you should. It is, amazeballs
08-27-2015 12:42 AM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
For those that have it on the 3DS, we're going to be getting the full dialog that was originally cut
http://inticreates.com/gunvolt-steam-jap...oice-mode/

So now, we'll have the full depth of characters, and maybe some extras to the story. Also the game is coming to steam and will have the same update in it.
09-06-2015 11:36 AM
Demon_skeith Offline
Veteran poster

About Me
I have the steam code for mighty gunvolt if anyone wants it.

09-06-2015 07:12 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
If anyone is looking to pick up Azure Striker Gunvolt, it's on steam right now for 50% off. (So like 7$ or less... Pretty good deal really.)
04-30-2016 06:48 PM
Demon_skeith Offline
Veteran poster

About Me
(04-30-2016 06:48 PM)VirusZero Wrote:  If anyone is looking to pick up Azure Striker Gunvolt, it's on steam right now for 50% off. (So like 7$ or less... Pretty good deal really.)

I'm actually waiting for the second one, wasn't it supposed to be out in the spring?

04-30-2016 10:36 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
It's coming sometime this summer for 3DS (they haven't given the release date yet). And there's no word on a PC release either.
05-01-2016 06:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Our Affiliates - Affiliate with us!
Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight
We're listed at:
Forum Promotion RPGfix Vote for Endless Fight at Top Site List Planet
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison