Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Discussion] Borderlands - Saga of the Sirens
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Borderlands - Saga of the Sirens
So here's a little Borderlands based roleplay. Not sure how many people are interested, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

Character sheets is pretty simple. Just:

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] 
[b]Action Skill:[/b]
Everything else is up to you to fill in later. (If you want to add a section for appearance or personality after you've played the character for a bit, go for it. But they won't be necessary up front.)

Just so everything is clear, the action skill is your character's special ability. Like in the games each person has an action skill that should be somewhat unique to them. 
Though if you're playing as an ex-Crimson Lance soldier then it'd make sense if you had an action skill like Roland's from Borderlands 1.

All I ask, in terms of rules are:
1- Please don't start posting in the IC topic until I have a look at your character and give it the ok. 
2- Death will happen. Your character can die at any time. But that's ok. The New-U stations will bring your character back. (At no cost to boot, thanks to Tannis hacking the systems. Those revived may suddenly find themselves craving bacon and sour cream though, must be a glitch in the system.*) So don't feel bad if your character dies.
3- There is only 1 available siren**. And it's a first come first serve. 

Beyond that the rest of the rules are common sense stuff... No godmodding, powerplaying or metagaming. No post lengths required. If you want playbys, go for it. But I don't keep track of them at all. 

If you need info on the series, settings or anything like that... I recommend the Borderlands Wiki

*Blame Tannis for meddling with the digi-structor.
** There are only ever 6 sirens in the universe. 4 were known, 2 have since died. So 2 more would have been born but they'd be under 6 so not really ready to be used yet. I've got one used for later in the plot. So that leaves one Siren open.
04-10-2014 02:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: Borderlands - Saga of the Sirens
Name: Wilson Dawes

Appearance: Wilson is an average sized man, about 5'8", and in ok physical shape. He never worked out extensively but he never shied away from physical activity either. He typically wears a pair of dark blue pants. He wears heavy work boots (the kind that have metal plates inside). He wears a simple grey T-shirt with no logos. He has a pair of dog tags on his neck.
On his hands are a pair of metal-looking gloves with glowing sections on the back of the hand and a small hole in the palm.

Action Skill: Arc wave - Wilson unleashes a single blast of electricity from his hands. The shock causes damage to enemy shields (or pure shock damage if they have no shield) and prevents them from regenerating for a short time.
After use it does take a short time to build up a charge before it can fire again.
According to the label on the box - "Never get a static shock again. And be sure to show enemies that shields can't save them."

History: Wilson was a former welder that worked for Dahl. Before they pulled out of Pandora they had scheduled him to work there. But at the last second they pulled out and cancelled sending him. Fate, as it would seem, wanted him there regardless. After they left, they realised they had abandoned a considerable amount of equipment and tech. They send numerous groups over the years to retrieve things. Though the success rate was about 50%.

When Dahl approached him with an offer to head to the planet to recover things, along with a nice big pay bonus, he accepted. To help ensure his survival, they granted him one of their advanced Dahl Action Units ™.

After he landed, he was picked up by the travelling merchant Marcus.
04-10-2014 09:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Silver Stryker Offline
Stone Cold

About Me
Oh my bad, didn't see this page. Though it was a plug 'n play sort of deal.

Name: Marble
Action Skill: Rough Lovin - Marble attaches his currently-in-use firearms to his chainsaws, which are then whipped around through use of the concertina wiring connecting from the chainsaws to his gauntlets. The weapons are firing in automatic and the chainsaws are fully engaged, thus creating an extremely wild perspective on range attacking by merging melee and projectile combat.

History: Marble had spent a majority of his life faring as a low-class space pirate, often leeching off of the relative success of his peers. He was always the bottom feeder, the lowlife scum that didn't merit recognition of existence. One day, the crew that he seemed to be apart of came under attack by a bigger, badder space pirate crew. Fear of death never grabbed Marble by the tail like it seemed to have for others. And when his opportunity to take a life presented itself, he saw no reason to fret or hesitate. That was when he first experience joy in life. Marble slaughtered them all.

For years since then, Marble scoured the galaxy, killing and raping all that stood in his way. Then he met a girl. This girl was different too, and did not fear death. His experiences with here brought to light a sense of moral compass and a wide range of feelings that he had never seen and felt before. Before it could fully develop, however, the girl died. Itching to find more of this feeling, Marble traveled to the harshness planet he'd ever heard of in hopes of finding what he felt with her. Love? A growing sense of justice and kind-heartedness? Blissful raw pleasure? Marble remains desperate for answers.

Will we be awarded upgrades to our skills?

[Image: Silv3r%20Stryker.jpg]
04-11-2014 12:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Indeed, there will be a couple points where our action skills will expand.

As for Marble, everything looks fine to me.
04-11-2014 01:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Our Affiliates - Affiliate with us!
Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight
We're listed at:
Forum Promotion RPGfix Necessary Evil RPG Initiative Vote for Endless Fight at Top Site List Planet
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison