Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ Multi ] Star Wars: Battlefront
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Star Wars: Battlefront
Star Wars: Battlefront is a new first person shooter game set in the Star Wars universe. The game is set to release Holiday 2015.

Source
10-28-2014 07:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: Star Wars: Battlefront
Some more news/rumour has trickled forth about this game...

- The game spans the entire Star Wars saga (though will spend most of it's time in the second movie trilogy). Though it does include some elements from the 7th movie (not many though since they want to avoid spoilers for the movie)

- Online multiplayer will see 128 players (64 per side) duking it out.

- Expect space to land battles. (Though only in certain modes.)

- Will have a hero system that allows players to build up points then cash them in to become a hero (with skills and abilities not normally found in characters).

Source
02-12-2015 06:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
So more details have been revealed now including a new trailer

Which also shows the release date of November 17th.

Beyond that it's also been confirmed that there is no campaign mode but it does have short missions that are single player, local co-op or online co-op.

Thus far there are only 4 planets in the game (Hoth, Endor, Tatooine and Sullust) with a 5th planet (named Jakku after the planet shown in the new movie) being released as free DLC later on.

And unlike mentioned in my previous post... there won't be space battles either.

What do you think of this new information? More excited? Less excited?
04-20-2015 01:42 PM
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
Considering how many planets were available in Battlefront 2 this is not great news. If they're limiting themselves to only 5 planets then I expect multiple maps per planet, but even so I'd like more variety considering how expansive the Star Wars universe it. And Tatooine and Jakku are both desert planets, I can see a lot of overlap happening there. I want to be able to fight on the Death Star, on Alderaan and Mustafar and Coruscant again, and some new planets like Nar Shaddah and Korriban.

It looks incredible, but a lot of the features they're boasting about (like a variety of vehicles and the ability to battle as Jedi/Sith heroes) have already been in the earlier installments.

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
04-20-2015 06:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
Double posting because of new revelations regarding features the game will lack.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3...nt/cqju3e7

The sad thing about this game is we know more about what it won't have included than what it will have. What can I say that hasn't already been posted in the Reddit comments? They're absolutely right, Battlefront 2 is a 10 year old game and this one doesn't have anywhere close to the amount of content. The graphics look gorgeous here but if that's all it has then it's not worth buying. And we want Battlefront, not Battlefield with Star Wars skins/maps. And I said earlier that all of the features they're bragging about like the ability to fight as Jedi/Sith heroes is not new, I don't know what they're playing at. I can only assume that this is EA's fault somehow. And I can imagine them reintroducing space battles, instant action and all the old planets again as paid DLC. Suddenly I'm much less excited over this, if I get it at all it'll be at least a month after release.

This was a guaranteed best seller and they're fucking it up. Or maybe a bunch of idiots who don't do their research will pre-order it anyway and they'll make a fortune on a crappy game. I'm not sure which scenario is worse.

As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
04-23-2015 06:14 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
I'm sure that EA had a hand in fucking things up. I mean it is EA and that's kinda what they do. (They love their DLC...)

Though at the same time I also think there may have been a few technical limitations that hindered things. Like for the space to ground battles. The idea is cool, but having them would likely limit the total map space (making things taller than wider) since there is only so much that can be rendered. And the transition from space to ground would have to be smooth and take a bit of time to make it feel like there was some actual distance. (Plus of course have room for some aerial dog fighting to go on.)
But for full on space battles? No, that'd be easy for them to do. And it'd be pretty cool to have full space battles of like 32+ players per side in X-wings and Tie Fighters duking it out. So for them to leave this out isn't really acceptable.

I'm kinda torn on this game right now. On one hand the local co-op is very nice, I love to see games keep that element around. And having missions for play with friends is always good too.
That stated the lack of an actual campaign (or galactic conquest) with story kinda hurts.
I'm kinda worried that this game will be pretty short and won't really have much content at all. Like 4-5 missions per planet then that's it. Recycle the same maps a few times for the multiplayer and call it a day.

Like you said... Star Wars themed Battlefield.
04-23-2015 11:00 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
A few more details have been made available... And again it's not sounding great.

Quote:- In Walker Assault, vehicles are tied to the power up system. When you find a vehicle power up on the map, you will need to activate it, which immediately spawns you inside the vehicle. Vehicle power ups specifically must be used within a certain amount of time. This is a design decision to allow more equal distribution of the vehicle power ups amongst all players.

- Y-wings are non-player controlled vehicles. They are a support vehicle that you can call into battle within certain game modes.

Source

Personally, the more I hear about this game, the less actual interest I have for it. To me it just seems like this game is giving players less content while demanding more money. And banking on the fact it's got the Star Wars name to make huge sales.
07-14-2015 03:49 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Well, they've revealed a bit more info and this time it's actually another game mode...

For those that can't see that video...
Fighter Squadron is a mode where players pilot the A-wings and X-wings (at least) and Tie-figthers/Interceptors to dogfight. It appears to be set planetside so no actual space battles. Additionally hero craft/characters will be playable (Han Solo's Millenium Falcon and Boba Fett's Slave One were shown off).

Though from the video they haven't shown how many players this mode will support, nor how many aircraft the players can pilot. (Are they just limited to those two per side or can they unlock more as they play?)

Thoughts on this bit of info? Does it make the game seem any more appealing or still does it feel soured to you?
08-05-2015 12:49 PM
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
This makes it a bit more appealing to me, it'll never take the place of on the ground combat but more options are always better. It's a step in the right direction if nothing else.

I wonder about the controls though, how easy it will actually be to chase down a target in a dogfight. If they manage a sharp turn and manage to slip out of your field of view for just a second you'll likely lose your target in the chaos.

08-05-2015 03:13 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
People have apparent had the chance to try this mode at Gamescom and they've stated (according to comments on an IGN article) they hate the controls because all the vehicle handling is managed by the left stick.
Now whether or not they'll be able to change flight controls in game is hard to say. I'd imagine so, but this is EA so hard to be certain.
08-05-2015 04:07 PM
Anorak Offline
Welcome Aboard Cadet

About Me
I'm really looking forward to this game and have been for quite some time. It looks so cool and I've been a big fan of the first Star Wars Battlefront game (a game which I still play). I just wish they would've kept space battles.

[Image: ePcWB78.png]
http://selectyourcharacter.icyboards.net/
09-09-2015 06:49 AM
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
I just wanted to say that I tried the Beta when it was available, and while it was fun, I don't think I'll be buying this. For one, my computer crashed when I tried to play the PC version. I got to play it on my brother's Xbone and my friend's PS4, and I had a lot of fun, but I don't think the game offers enough to keep me playing for more than a week or so. I'm sick of everything EA touches turning to shit, and this game wreaks of their influence. So while it is a fun title, I don't think it's a must buy.

11-13-2015 05:51 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
I didn't really get a lot of time with the beta (literally just one co-op survive 5 waves match...) but it didn't seem to be anything really that special to me. So I really can't see plunking down money for it.
11-13-2015 10:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Our Affiliates - Affiliate with us!
Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight
We're listed at:
Forum Promotion RPGfix Vote for Endless Fight at Top Site List Planet
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison