Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New malware for iOS and OSX
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
New malware for iOS and OSX
For years people running apple computers or apple products loved to tout how safe they were. And for the most part, they could be confident that they weren't in too much danger. (Historically there have been less pieces of malware that targeted OSX. .. Fewer still that attempted iOS. Especially when compared to the number that target Windows based systems.)

But now there's be a revolutionary new bit of malware that is able to easily infect apple products (whether jailbroken or not). And potentially even thousands of users are infected already.

How this infection works is an infected app from a third party store (not apple's own) gets installed the malware kicks in. Then whenever the user plugs their iOS device in it auto transfers to that user's phone (like if they had downloaded an update for their phone on their computer).

Though that's the kicker... like most mac malware it requires a user to install it first. Though this one is unique in that it can install itself automatically to user's phones.

Source
11-09-2014 11:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ThatAnimeGuy Offline
Konami code

About Me
RE: New malware for iOS and OSX
So I have to download an app on my iOS device from a third-party store to get the malware or if my computer is infected and I plug in my iOS device, my iOS device automatically gets infected?

If it's the former, I don't think a jailbroken iOS device can do such a thing.
08-21-2016 08:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison