Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Endless Fight's 5th Birthday
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Endless Fight's 5th Birthday
So today is EF's 5th birthday.

I opened the doors on February 15th 2010. Seems a bit crazy to think that 5 years have passed since then. A lot has happened in these last few years. (And again, thank you to everyone who's stuck around and made it possible. The site wouldn't be here without you.)

Spoiler:
We started off with a forum on Jcink Forum Boards (later Jcink Forum Hosting).

On the second birthday (2012), a new skin was added. (The first version of our existing skin, with the toggleable sidebar sections.) I had also added the chatango box too. And I added the domain name.

For the third birthday (2013) it was mostly just renaming and moving sections around. Not a whole lot changed here.

For the fourth birthday (2014) though a lot changed. We went fully self hosted.

This year though I don't have anything really major planned for changes. (Seems to be the trend right? Odd years not much happens but then the even year ones loads right?) But even still I want to mark the 5th year somehow. I mean in the 3rd birthday topic I'd stated few sites make it to 3 years... Well even fewer make it to their 5th year.

There were changes I had intended on making but they fell through for various reasons. (Time was a major factor...)
Spoiler:
I had intended on updating to MyBB 1.8 but I'm not likely going to do that right now simply because some of the mods we use here aren't 1.8 compatible yet. (And I want to hold off until they're ready. I don't really like the idea of trading off features.) So I don't really have a schedule for when we're going to upgrade for certain. (Probably summer, but possibly within the next few months depending on how things go.)

I had wanted to release a new skin/theme but that never happened before the birthday. (I had no idea what to even make for a theme.) I've asked for your input on what you'd like to see so I'd appreciate any input there. (Do we even need a new theme? Any tweaks or changes to the existing ones? Return of another older theme?)

Regardless...
Happy Birthday to Endless Fight. Thank you everyone who's stuck around to make it possible. And I look forward to seeing what the next years bring.
02-15-2015 04:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison