Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokken Tournament
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Pokken Tournament
Nintendo has commissioned Namco Bandai (makers of Tekken) to produce a new fighting game using Pokemon. This is there result so far:

They've confirmed, so far, that these characters will be playable:
- Pikachu
- Machamp
- Gardevoir
- Suicune
- Lucario

Though for now this game is only getting an arcade release in Japan. They haven't stated whether or not it'll come to their home console or whether a home console version would ever leave Japan.

Source

Thoughts on this game? Would you buy it?
01-25-2015 09:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
RE: Pokken Tournament
MACHAMP! CHAMP BUSTER POWER!

I'm down for this. I have so much hope for Poliwrath to have a moment in time to be high on the tier scale. COME ON POLIPOWER!
01-27-2015 02:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
Poliwrath should be in this. Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee better be in this. I'd like to see Chesnaught in this. We'll probably get Charizard instead, since he isn't in enough games yet and is over-rated as hell. I'm on the fence over whether I'd rather have Scyther or Scizor, they're both really cool. Oh and Electrivire, I want an electric wookie as a playable fighter. Maybe Mewtwo as the unlockable final boss. And then possibly Nidoking, Heracross, Feraligatr, Ursaring, Hariyama, Infirnape, Emboar, and Toxicroak. Honestly, there would be a lot of good characters to fill a fighting game roster, each with their own unique style of moves.

That said, I never would've guessed Suicune would make it into a game like this. Maybe it'll play like Amatarasu in MvC3, but I feel like since this is a fighting game you'd need strong forearms, I dunno. And Gardevoir? I know the internet has a boner for this chick, but why not Gallade, with fricking tonfas for arms? Makes a lot more sense to me.

Gameplay doesn't amaze me at this stage, but I like the concept. Fire Emblem + Dynasty Warriors made them a lot of money, so I like them trying to blend Pokemon and Tekken. Honestly, both of those two titles I never saw coming, but I like that they're taking a series and trying to reinvigorate it by shaking up the formula. Nintendo gets a lot of criticism for being stale, and putting out predictable sequels year after year with little to no change.

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
01-27-2015 07:54 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
I'd be expecting Hitmonchan/lee to be in it since it just makes sense. I don't know if Scizor would be in this, but it'd be a good option.

I'd also kind of expect Voltorb (explode to do some damage?) to be an assist along with Chancy (maybe heal a fighter?).

Beyond that I have no idea who else they would include or where/how. I mean they have what... 700 or so pokemon to pick from now?
01-27-2015 08:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
Well since someone won't mention it. You know there will always be a joke character. Give me Jigglypuff with a green headband and were golden. The true fighter of fighters are the joke characters. And Jiggs be the Dan Hibiki of the series. And don't get me started on small characters because for damn sake Japanese Mickey is in this game already.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIeRzAV7Ah0[/video]
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2015 08:39 PM by randomdrifter865.)
01-27-2015 08:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Our Affiliates - Affiliate with us!
Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight
We're listed at:
Forum Promotion RPGfix Vote for Endless Fight at Top Site List Planet
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison