Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project X Zone 2: Brave New World
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Project X Zone 2: Brave New World

The sequel to the 3DS exclusive turn based strategy game Project X Zone is coming this Autumn (at least in Japan) on the 3DS.

How long until it sees a western release? Would you be looking to pick it up?
04-13-2015 02:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
RE: Project X Zone 2: Brave New World
Well if they improve the music, give more variety in the mission structure, and maybe fix a few things I might consider it. Not saying I disliked Project X Zone as a whole ,but there were areas I felt made it suffered in. I'll give it credit for being crossover and that at times there is only so much one can do with when it comes to a western release we got gimped in the music department as some iconic themes were taken out. I also felt there was need for more iconic characters on Sega's part because to be honest I had no clue who the hell most of Sega cast was. I was nice they gave those characters some shine ,but in the long run I felt they could have put an iconic character people could recognize and the game could have done better here in america.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIeRzAV7Ah0[/video]
04-14-2015 04:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
I did not pick up the first game myself. I thought that X and Zero were well represented, using a lot of diverse moves from several of their games, and the way they combo off of each other was just insane. However, it seemed to me after a few minutes of watching that that was all their was too the game, it seemed to get stale after a few minutes. In addition, I had no idea who most of the characters were, they may as well have been generic anime weebos with giant swords and that didn't really interest me. It seems like they wanted humanoid characters only, so there's little chance of Sonic being included. But yeah, a crossover loses most of it's significance if I only know a handful of the characters being represented.

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
04-14-2015 06:18 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
I recognised a fair number of the characters... (More from Capcom and Bandai Namco than Sega though.) But I didn't have a 3DS (still don't) and I wasn't sold enough on it to plunk down money to buy the handheld for it. Plus I had limited money and other things I needed to spend it on.

As for the sequel, I sort of hoped it would see a console release rather than a 3DS one. I mean I have Nintendo's home console (and it'd work pretty good for playing this sort of game). Plus having the visuals in HD would be very nice.
04-15-2015 05:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
To be fair I believe Namco X Capcom was done better. It was on the PS2 so to me Project X Zone was a nice nudge ,but in comparison the cast was a lot more recognizable even though a good chunk of that games cast was mostly all the old school characters like Strider, Captain Commando, Megaman Volnutt, King etc. Hell the one thing that was odd was there were no humanoidish characters as Namco X Zone did have Klonoa.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2015 03:37 AM by randomdrifter865.)
04-16-2015 03:34 AM
Demon_skeith Offline
Veteran poster

About Me
I still need to get the first one, if I get the second one or not depends on the cast list.

Gamingforce - Daily video game news and game console news.
04-18-2015 02:34 AM
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
Question Project X Zone 2
Well almost here in the west Project X Zone 2, a big love letter to all fans of older series and feels like a time capsule. If you are big on nostalgia this might be for you ,but be warned I've played the last Project X Zone and other Crossover styled games like this in if you were expecting more you might be disappointed. These games have always been about flash especially the level of sprite animation being over the top and sometimes depending on that animation a bit of fanservice which is a norm ,but if you can get past that you might just find some fun in this simple tactical sim RPG.

Opening:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlILR0mXGoE

I am honestly looking forward to it myself, this ain't no SMASH ,but for someone who grew up with most of these characters this is cool to me.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2016 03:23 PM by randomdrifter865.)
02-08-2016 03:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Our Affiliates - Affiliate with us!
Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight
We're listed at:
Forum Promotion RPGfix Vote for Endless Fight at Top Site List Planet
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison