Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Cartoon] Megaman: Fully Charged (2018)
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
RE: Megaman gets new TV series
Fan arts of the new megaman look in his MM8/Comic/Manga style look really good, and I can get behind it. Megaman has been the same for 30 years now, X had a wardrobe change in CM, and Zero don'd a new look. Classic getting a change is a refresher for me. The shows art style just makes it look off.
01-24-2017 08:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
Fireman and Drillman look good, there's certainly potential but still a million ways for Capcom to fuck it up.

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
01-25-2017 02:46 AM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
By far there are, but I shall have hope.

Shockingly no one has mentioned yet, do you think Protoman or Forte will appear in the first season? I can see Blues being aloof and working from the shadows in the beginning like he always does. He might even join the school just to get to Aik Light..... who I still think should have been named Rocky.
01-25-2017 10:57 PM
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
Probably Protoman, maybe Bass can cameo in the final episode to set up for a season 2 if it's good.

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
01-26-2017 03:39 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
I really can't see Protoman or Bass in the first season. I could see hints of Protoman in season 1. Possibly Protoman active in season 2...
Simply because it might try to cram too much story into one place... Rocky trying to figure out how to be Megaman is probably enough for one arc itself.

Though it kind of depends on how they handle things. I mean if Dr. Wily is just cranking out robots in a short span (seems likely given appearance of Drillman, who doesn't show up until MM4... ) then could possibly see Bass in late season 2 or early 3.
01-26-2017 08:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
I imagine it was going to be like the RS Cartoon. Though being as the images were not the final product we may not see drill man for awhile. I'd much rather they leave Cassack as a character who has his own line
01-26-2017 10:54 PM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
For those unaware, the show has been delayed to 2018. It looks like they are going with a CGI approach rather than animation. I am not fond of that, but I'll get past it. The look of Megaman is getting better, and the new costume has really grown on me. The toy line they are planning is going to be the best part of this show to me, an action figure addict. There is also a leaked intro bit i saw on FB. Most of them have been taken down but it's the internet, its out there somewhere and I'll share it once I find it. The coolest part of it is the 8-bit sprite with the new costume running across the MM logo.

Source: http://www.rockman-corner.com/2017/04/th...n.html?m=1
04-12-2017 09:48 AM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
I have to admit I like the new design a bit more now too, though part of me wonders of that's just because the pose they went with this time and how it's a bit easier to see details. Though there were a few changes they made from original to the current design... (No more black pauldrons, no more weird black outline on the stomach, blue gloves instead of black, the helmet is visibly more X series like, they ditched some of the tron lights around the elbows and thighs and a few other small changes.)

I think CGI might be fine. Though the real test will be one they release some actual footage of it.

I still hope they ditch the "mini-mega" concept though because that just seems stupid to me.
04-12-2017 10:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
Mega-mini was in the leaked 'opening' saying the cting worthy "It's Mega Time!" As Aki changed into MegaMan. NOt nearly as cool "Plasma power!"

I still want his name to be Rocky. The Dreamwave comics did that for all 4 issues they lasted and Rocky looked legit.

On a side note for discussion, what Master do we all want to see? My favorite is HornetMan, so that's a given, but I'd like to see their takes on Gemini, Magnet, Crystal, and Elec. Drill man had a full rehaul and FireMan had a subtle change. I'm excited oversll becaise it's like Battle Network all over again.
04-12-2017 11:23 AM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
If the show is only starting production now maybe there's still time/hope that they'll dump the mini-mega character. I mean things can change right? Especially if they do some promo testing with it and see the feedback. (I mean I can't see people actually really liking the mini-mega. Based on what I've seen/heard so far it just seems like that character would be the scrappy. Aka that character everyone wants to kill off.)

For robot masters, I'd love to see Elec and Magnet also...
But beyond that I'd like to see: Crash, Metal, Shadow, Search and Shade.

I also hope we get to see more of each robot master. (Compared with in the Ruby Spears version where we saw Guts and Cut a lot then like 1-3 guest robot masters.)
04-12-2017 12:36 PM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
I imagine there will be villain of the week, but maybe some will male multipule appearances. I hope the show utilizes an array of masters, and each get an epispde to shine. Honestly if they do it similarly to how Archie did it, I'll be happy. While not mainstay characters, each master was given some depth and recurrence.
04-12-2017 01:56 PM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
http://www.rockman-corner.com/2017/09/ne...-2018.html

So we got this now. I'm going to keep this positive vibe thing going. 11 mins epsiodes seem to be the standard anymore, so I have no issues there. Ryusei No Rockman the anime had 11 min episodes, Adventure Time and Steven Universe have the same and they are a huge success, so the bickering of length seems moot.

The art style is improving. Not my personal favorite, but it's at least looking better.
09-27-2017 11:09 AM
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
Well the whole 11 minutes thing is kind of a sign of the times is all ,but granted cartoons specifically the really old school stuff ranged from what 9 to 12 minutes at best. So to me not really a problem seeing as some of my favorite cartoons weren't very long to begin with. Still for what its worth, I hope this brings a new audience because heck my start with Mega Man was because of that there Ruby and Spears Cartoon not any of the games.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIeRzAV7Ah0[/video]
09-28-2017 02:49 AM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: Megaman: Fully Charged (2018)
So the show has released now (back on the 5th of August actually).

I watched all 10 available episode so far and it's not pure trash. But it's not great either. There are a lot of things that makes me wonder who it's actually for. Like the main intro uses the Megaman 2 intro theme. Which itself is a cool nod to fans of the series, but if this is a show for kids it's something that'd be way over their heads.
Also at parts of the show they'd switch and use 16 bit sprites for segments. (Like every time Megaman switches powers it uses a sprite of the bot in question to show which power he's selected.) It's a neat touch but, like with the music, comes off as: "who is this for"?

The bot designs that they showed off are between good and meh. (Fireman and Drillman are best looking so far. Waveman looks close to his game version. Iceman looks really different/strange.)
Some of the new bots look interesting (Hypno Woman and Blasto Woman). Though no word on other new characters yet.

Storyline wise it makes no. god. damned. sense.
Aki is a robot boy who goes to school in Silicon City with his friend Bert Wily and biological sister Suna. He has the power to transform into Megaman... but the way it's presented Dr. Light doesn't seem to know who Megaman is. (I'm hoping he's just pretending though.) It's also not clear how long he's been able to transform, how he figured it out, or anything like that. We see the story start just with Megaman beginning to be a hero, but nothing before that (yet).

Mega-mini is still unfortunately a thing and it's, more or less, as bad as I figured. The character offers little purpose other than to continue the transformation into Megaman and banter with Aki. (I say continue because Aki looks like he can start it on his own, materializing the helmet, but then Mini has to finish the transformation.)
Other characters also seem able to see Mini if he's outside of Megaman's head and Mini can interact with the world.

Also of interest is how they handled power replication. Unlike other versions, Megaman here has a copy beam that absorbs data from enemy bots and adapts it for him. But every time he copies a bot he also takes part of their personality too. So when fighting Fireman he takes on Fireman's extreme anger/rage. I'll admit I kind of like this idea. Means the characters tend to be more fleshed out.

Though I'll admit that how they handle the fighting is kinda... dumb. No matter how many hits they trade nothing happens. They keep getting up and keep fighting. It does seem like Megaman's buster does any damage at all. Sure it knocks them around but they stand up as if nothing happened. Probably this a combination of cost saving measure with the CGI (so they don't have to render different "damaged" models) and to make the fighting less violent... But still be nice to see some kind of more effects like burn marks or something to indicate that the buster is doing something.
09-01-2018 08:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Our Affiliates - Affiliate with us!
Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight
We're listed at:
Forum Promotion RPGfix Vote for Endless Fight at Top Site List Planet
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison