Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ Multi ] MegaMan Legacy Collection
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
MegaMan Legacy Collection
Capcom has revealed that they're releasing a collection of the first 6 MegaMan games.

This collection also has challenge modes, leaderboards, replays and achievements. They've indicated it'll be coming out for PS4/Xbox One/PC this summer and later on for the 3DS.

Source

Thoughts?

Yay? Nay?
06-09-2015 06:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
RE: MegaMan Legacy Collection
I have a 3DS, and the challenge mode sounds like a megaman version of NES Remix, so I'm game.

What would make the sale for me is if you can take weapons and items from any game into any game. Throw a Hard knuckle at Elecman, Dust Crusher good ol Knight Man. That'd make my experence complete
06-09-2015 06:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
I already have a Megaman Anniversary Collection with the first 8 games in the Classic series on Xbox. And it came with the two arcade games, the Power Battles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_An...Collection

Why is this news that they're releasing it again?

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
06-09-2015 07:33 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
I don't think it'd work like that... But possibly some challenges could. Even more so if they allow people to build custom challenges and upload them.

Though truthfully, I kinda think this is just a bit halfhearted. It sounds lacklustre and incomplete compared to the Anniversary collection. (2 less of the numbered games and no power fighters games. Or like the X collection, the battle and chase game. Though technically now they're missing 7-10 for numbered series. So it feel even more incomplete... Like they're cutting that part for a sequel later or for DLC or something.)

Trophies and the challenge modes are nice-ish I guess. (Though admittedly, I kind of don't want trophies on these games because they tend to be stupidly hard. Like beat the game without taking a hit.)

Additionally this game is digital only. They can't even muster the effort to make/sell physical copies. Which means for many people this isn't even going to show up for them. (For collectors this isn't even really worth looking at because there's nothing really to collect.)

I've said it before and I'll restate it now...
They need to stop trying to milk the past with collections and bundles and those kinds of things and get to making fresh content. Most people who want those games already have them. And others may not care that much because they are older games. (I mean seriously, the newest game in that collection is over 20 years old.) So if they were interested in playing it, they likely would have played it somehow by now. (Either cartridge on NES, on collection on PS2/NGC/Xbox, emulation on PC, virtual console on Nintendo's 7th and 8th gen consoles, etc... ) This means that there really isn't a huge target audience for these sorts of collections. (They tend to get a few sales, but honestly they don't really do amazing.)

Instead I think they should just buckle down and make a new game (Megaman 11, X9, Legends 3, Starforce 4, ZX3, etc...) because that's going to sell far more than a collection. Plus it may be what creates interest for people to go back and pick up the older games via a collection like this. (Though still, don't count on massive sales.)
Plus I could kind of see people avoiding the collection simply because they're not interested in it, they just want a new game (and have vocalized it already enough times to the point they're just not going to support anything else).
06-09-2015 07:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
(06-09-2015 07:37 PM)VirusZero Wrote:  I've said it before and I'll restate it now...
They need to stop trying to milk the past with collections and bundles and those kinds of things and get to making fresh content. Most people who want those games already have them. And others may not care that much because they are older games. (I mean seriously, the newest game in that collection is over 20 years old.) So if they were interested in playing it, they likely would have played it somehow by now. (Either cartridge on NES, on collection on PS2/NGC/Xbox, emulation on PC, virtual console on Nintendo's 7th and 8th gen consoles, etc... ) This means that there really isn't a huge target audience for these sorts of collections. (They tend to get a few sales, but honestly they don't really do amazing.)

Instead I think they should just buckle down and make a new game (Megaman 11, X9, Legends 3, Starforce 4, ZX3, etc...) because that's going to sell far more than a collection. Plus it may be what creates interest for people to go back and pick up the older games via a collection like this. (Though still, don't count on massive sales.)
Plus I could kind of see people avoiding the collection simply because they're not interested in it, they just want a new game (and have vocalized it already enough times to the point they're just not going to support anything else).

I can't help but feel as though they do this on purpose. The 'game' they're releasing is nothing new, has existed for years and they throw their hands in the air and act surprised when nobody buys it. And as you said, it's not for lack of interest, it's because we already own it.

But inevitably they hold up the sales figures and say 'well it looks like nobody likes Megaman anymore, it's too bad his fans don't come out and support him, this is why we can't have a new game because we try to sell crap to you and there's never any interest.'

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
06-09-2015 10:31 PM
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
It's like I said before all Capcom can do now is make collections and remasters of their games. Very rarely have they done anything new because they can't do so much like they used to. Sure there is Street Fighter 5 strictly only for Sony, RE Revelations 2 and [INSERT OTHER NEW GAME TITLE HERE]. They did Mega May again this year and we got a plethora of old Mega Man games now made available for everyone and surprisingly got our hands on the Misadventures of Tron Bonne in america after how long seeing something that wasn't Classic, X, Zero and Battle Network. The Legends series finally got a game that is available ,but still no sign of the other games for that.

The RE Remake Remastered edition is still only digital only and that sold really well causing RE 0 to also appear. So they are going out for Nostalgia for a good chunk of their games. And they are doing special editions for DMC4 and DmC essentially adding content and improving content. Like Lock On that should have been in DmC... So yes seeing something new is gonna be quite a while and this is much as they can do. They have to get out of the hole they dug themselves into sure there is Street Fighter 5 ,but how long before we get into another version upon version of that game which I will call it right now unless Sony is like, create updates, which I doubt that will stop them if the game is a hit and they will milk it till the cow is like on the ground.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIeRzAV7Ah0[/video]
06-11-2015 03:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Our Affiliates - Affiliate with us!
Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight
We're listed at:
Forum Promotion RPGfix Vote for Endless Fight at Top Site List Planet
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison