Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Ash
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Red Ash
After completing Mighty No. 9 Comcept has moved onto another project. This time they look to create a spiritual successor to Megaman Legends that, so far, is only coming for PC...

Source

Thoughts?
07-06-2015 08:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: Red Ash
Things are not looking overly good for Red Ash right now... With just about 2 weeks left to go they have barely broken halfway (currently sitting at $440,651 of their requested $800,000 goal).

Do you think they'll get funded?

If not, any guess why not?
07-19-2015 03:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
So despite the deadline being 3 days away and this kickstarter being just under $300,000 shy from being funded... Red Ash is already in full development thanks to a Chinese company named Fuze who has stepped forward to fully fund the project.

All Kickstarter money that would have gone towards the game being made is now being turned towards stretch goal progress.

Source

Thoughts?
07-30-2015 06:58 PM
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
Spiritual successor this spiritual successor that. In truth I don't trust kickstarter and for one ,the other product Mighty No.9 is not out yet why would I want to fund another project? I have been reading about this for a while now I can see why folks were not too trusting. And probably the dumbest thing I got out of this is people where complaining about concept art. People do you realize that concept art is concept art not the final art piece so expect changes that deviate from the concept design.

Right now what I see is an example of why Kickstarter can be not the absolute best thing. Sure it can help with some things and we have examples of successes ,but at least they delivered on their end. Comcept has not even finished with MN9 and then they jumped to this game Red Ash which honestly though I appreciate it. I need MN9 to be the setter that says to Capcom Megaman still matters and that people still would like to play that kind of game ,but now I foresee that slowly dwindling because they jumped too early and landed into that spike pit.

Granted with Smash and Mega Man being in it has helped with that quite a bit honestly as we got a lot of the game titles available for digital download. and I am expecting more to be available next year a long with the Legacy Collection even if its the first six classic Mega Man games I am sure everyone and their parents now own...

Don't get me wrong I can get why he is doing Red Ash. Its a clear message that says since Capcom won't do Legends 3 here is my take on it. Granted its seems to be the theme of these not whatever game this is supposed to be. Yes I am tried of hearing spiritual successor because even if this game is supposed to be that successor it can still turn out for the worst and all that hype and hopes were for nothing and its already being seen with Red Ash because a company got interested in the product and now all those donations going towards other goals and for some folk these may come off as shady to them. Me I have not donated money for any of his projects because yeah I am not fond of just donating my hard earned money all willie nillie I need a reason to believe. And I am fine not getting rewards either even if some of them are really cool.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIeRzAV7Ah0[/video]
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2015 03:45 PM by randomdrifter865.)
07-31-2015 03:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
A lot of people took issue with the fact that Mighty No. 9 isn't even out yet and they already want more money. Which, I understand, I mean we don't even know if we like Mighty No. 9 yet, most of us have never played it. So do we really want to give even more money?
But at the same time I also understand that game development is different. Developers finish with a game roughly 3 months before the consumers get to purchase it. (Simply because it has to go for final testing/approval and then physical copies have to be made/shipped.)
So I'm not going to hold this one against them. But many won't have that same reservation I do.

But even without Mighty No. 9 being out yet, I think Red Ash's kickstarter didn't go very well simply because of other reasons... like:
1- it was too laid back.
Mighty No. 9 surged ahead because it had a very "Screw you Capcom" vibe to it. Gamers felt vindicated that an industry vet saw what was going on and sided with them.

2- there was a lot of controversy in Mighty No. 9's kickstarter.
Anyone remember Dina, the now ex-community manager, for Mighty No. 9? And the shitstorm that she was at the centre of?

3- the stretch goals killed interest.
The original stretch goals were basically for chapters 4-6 and beyond. Which meant you really only got the prologue of the game. But people likely saw that and didn't want to fund only the first 3 levels only for them to turn around in 6 months or so and have their hands out again.

4- people don't really want a spiritual successor here.
While Red Ash may be a great game when it's finished. People don't really want a spiritual successor in this case. Having a spiritual successor doesn't wrap up the loose ends of the game series it was loosely based off. Really, people want to play Legends 3 and see what actually happens to the character they know and love.
08-03-2015 05:42 PM
Demon_skeith Offline
Veteran poster

About Me
Kind of wish they fell flat on its face, but hopefully the final product will be good.

Gamingforce - Daily video game news and game console news.
08-05-2015 02:32 AM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
@Demon_skeith
Out of curiosity, why did you sort of want them to have failed?
08-05-2015 12:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Our Affiliates - Affiliate with us!
Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight
We're listed at:
Forum Promotion RPGfix Vote for Endless Fight at Top Site List Planet
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison