Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Book?
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: Latest Book?
What was the latest book you read? Did you enjoy it? Would you recommend it to others? Why or why not?
01-28-2010 09:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Silver Stryker Offline
Stone Cold

About Me

The book I just finished a few weeks ago is Star Wars- Imperial Commando: 501st.

It follows the story of a republic clone commando--commandos, whom have higher intelligence and independence than normal clones- by the name of Darman who has a child by a former jedi who is now dead, and works as an Imperial clone working for them as he is tormented by his loss and regrets his decision not to desert with his brothers and family. It's the fifth book in a series...I had unintentionally skipped the third and fourth book, so as the book tells about what's happening on mandalore(where everyone deserted to), I was a little at a loss for who some people were or how they came to be here. Main example would be Jango Fett's sister being there as a psychotic mess. She didn't even know her brother was dead.

I definately would not recommend the book itself to others right off the bat; wouldn't make sense to throw someone in a story so far deep, ya know? But the series itself? Yes. It's a nice little spin to the star wars series, what with you getting to see things from a clone's perspective. The series focuses on Darman and his Jedi love affair Etain, so there are quite a few sappy love moments, but its still cool. The series also explains a lot of Mandalorian culture too.

[Image: Silv3r%20Stryker.jpg]
10-23-2012 03:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me

I read one the other day called Double Cross, it was a book about spies in England during World War 2. It focuses on 5 spies in particular, but the basic premise is that the spymaster in England figures out who the enemy spies are and converts them. So he's got a ton of double agents and is able to feed the Germans whatever false intelligence he wants. Its supposed to be a true story about how these spies impacted the D-Day invasion and helped win the war.

I'd recommend it, it was well written and all of the characters were engaging, dynamic and eccentric, and they paths they take which lead them to become spies and then double agents are interesting.

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
10-23-2012 04:18 PM
Black Angel Offline
Special Stage time

About Me

I tried to read 50 shades of grey to see what the fuss was about and I just couldn't. I even tried skimming through it, and it was like my mind refused to process that crap. I had a similar experience with one of my mom's romance novels, because she was talking about how good it was..

I guess now, I have biological proof that sappy romance novels and other crap like it aren't for me.

I am currently reading "Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man" by Steve Harvey. I was curious about it and decided to check it out and it is ok. As for your other questions, the verdict is still out on this book.

[Image: userbarsig.png]
Talknexus.net - Friendly (21+) community with 90K+ posts.
10-24-2012 09:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3DWaffle1 Offline
Konami code

About Me

I have not read a book for a while. However, I am reading the lords of the rings. It is a long book. I like book because it has a good story and cast of character.

<a href='http://www.sbellast.com/forum/' rel='nofollow' target='_blank'>http://www.sbellast.com/forum/</a>
03-28-2013 12:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Our Affiliates - Affiliate with us!
Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight
We're listed at:
Forum Promotion RPGfix Vote for Endless Fight at Top Site List Planet
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison