Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study: Quitting facebook makes you happier
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Study: Quitting facebook makes you happier
A study conducted in Copenhagen has revealed an interesting tidbit of information. If you quit facebook, you will be happier. But how much happier? About 39% actually. And you'll feel 55% less stressed out.

Their study was conducted using 2 groups totalling 1095 people. Half of them used facebook while the other half went cold turkey and weren't allowed any facebook use. The study lasted one month.

Researchers claim that people who didn't use facebook were happier because they didn't focus on the best parts of other's lives and weren't envious of what others had.

Source

Thoughts on this?
12-13-2015 10:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
RE: Study: Quitting facebook makes you happier
Perhaps I should try this. Only I feel that I would miss out on important life events of friends, as well as current world events.

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
12-14-2015 02:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
You might miss out on some people's life events as they happen/unfold. But in my experience (I've never had a facebook account, still don't have one, not likely going to get one) I haven't missed out on a lot of new stories or things like that. Most of what I miss are group invites for things. (But I've also noticed that some people, those who know I don't have facebook, will call or text me instead. So I really don't need it.)

I'd say it can't hurt to try even just for a week or two. I mean in the study they stated that people without facebook, even after a week, reported an increase in happiness. (Only 7% but still that's not too bad.)
12-14-2015 02:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
I can personally testify to this. Jet knows more than others as he is on my FB, but the election just brought out the absolute worst in people and stupid things on the book that shouldn't really have gotten to me, did. After constant exposer to it, my mental walls eroded.

I am kinda upset I redownloaded it. My local friends were not so supportive of my leaving, constantly telling me I had to get back on, because they wanted to tag me and stupid crap. The one is an anarchist and thinks he needs to share and tag me in stupid idiotic shit. I don't need to see someone getting blindsided by a rioter.

"But he's racist and evil!"

Who the hell cares? Running up and punching someone isn't the proper response. But what do I know, and I a horrible conservative scum.

Anyway. While off it, I did feel better. For awhile I was bored and when I would unlock my phone, I didn't really have an app to use and kill time with. I don't play phone games, and without the FB, I just focused on other things.
01-23-2017 01:09 AM
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
I suppose it depends on who you have on it, for the most part my facebook is mostly for friends really to see what they are doing because I hardly get to keep tabs on really every person I've known at this point. Granted yes I for a time left facebook to avoid the toxicity of people and the election and I was at peace for nearly a month , but that still didn't stop the discussion of it at work or whenever I traveled out there was always someone talking about the damn election.

Granted when I returned there was still leftover effects of the election ,but at that point I honestly just ignored that and kept my opinions to myself for the sake of people were still fairly miffed over the damn thing and of course my feed somehow managed to get a story or two relating to every problem.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIeRzAV7Ah0[/video]
01-23-2017 03:56 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
It wasn't just on facebook that the worst of people appeared. It manifested in the real world a few too many times too. (And from what I saw it was usually the anti-Trump groups doing it to boot. )
01-23-2017 08:51 PM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
Locally the Sanders and Hillary supporters were just hateful and out for heads. With them wishing all Republicans were wrong and needed to die. The constant berating took it's toll on me and, well, broke me.
01-24-2017 08:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison