Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ Multi ] No Man's Sky
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
No Man's Sky

No Man's Sky is a game where players have to survive, explore and collect materials/resources from procedurally generated worlds. (No two world are exactly the same.)

Thoughts?
03-28-2016 07:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Demon_skeith Offline
Veteran poster

About Me
RE: No Man's Sky
So this is minecraft but in space with star trek theme?

Gamingforce - Daily video game news and game console news.
03-29-2016 08:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Maybe?

I'm not 100% sure I mean they've been kinda light on details about what is actually going on. They've said players can explore planets and collect resources... But why? What do we do with those resources?

And can we engage in dogfights against other players or NPCs? (Cause that bit of the trailer looked cool... And the ship reminded me a bit of an X-wing.)

So based on what I know right now, I can't see much of a point in getting it. (I'm not overly fond of the art style, seems a bit over-saturated and bright for my tastes. Could just be the worlds they've shown off though.)
03-29-2016 10:33 PM
Demon_skeith Offline
Veteran poster

About Me
I still don't know what it is and thats very bad thing for a game with no way to ever beat it.

03-30-2016 02:33 AM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
So apparently someone paid around $1300 to get their hands on a copy of the game early. They posted some stuff on Dailymotion before Sony got the videos removed. Though the stuff they leaked has been reuploaded to youtube and other places.

Source

Some people in comments sections think this was a hoax, a method for them to generate buzz prior to release. (Because if the copy were stolen, which it would have to be in order to be sold as no one can buy it yet, it could be reported to police. That or they could have easily shut down the auction... if they discovered it of course.)

Do you think it's a marketing stunt? Did someone just actually manage to get a true copy?
07-30-2016 06:07 PM
Demon_skeith Offline
Veteran poster

About Me
(07-30-2016 06:07 PM)VirusZero Wrote:  So apparently someone paid around $1300 to get their hands on a copy of the game early. They posted some stuff on Dailymotion before Sony got the videos removed. Though the stuff they leaked has been reuploaded to youtube and other places.

Source

Some people in comments sections think this was a hoax, a method for them to generate buzz prior to release. (Because if the copy were stolen, which it would have to be in order to be sold as no one can buy it yet, it could be reported to police. That or they could have easily shut down the auction... if they discovered it of course.)

Do you think it's a marketing stunt? Did someone just actually manage to get a true copy?

Far as I know the story didn't break till after the auction was over so no time for game officials to shut down the auction but I think its legit. People want to leak stuff out these days.

08-04-2016 11:22 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
True but the thing is that when the story broke they could easily go to the auction site, notify them that the auction was stolen property so they could get the details of the buyer and seller. This way they could figure out how that seller got a copy and punish them/prevent them from doing something like this again. And the buyer they could then retrieve that copy from.

Personally, it could be legit. But there's no way to know for sure right now.

I mean on one hand, like mentioned above, it'd be easy to shut down. But contradictory if this is a fake then it doesn't look good for the game that the player has kept posting updates and whatnot and made it seem like there really isn't much to do. (Thus confirming suspicions many have had about this game due to them showing very limited gameplay of it.)
08-05-2016 08:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Our Affiliates - Affiliate with us!
Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight
We're listed at:
Forum Promotion RPGfix Vote for Endless Fight at Top Site List Planet
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison