Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie tickets most expensive now
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Movie tickets most expensive now
The average price of movie tickets has reached an all-time high now that the average cost per ticket (across the US) is $8.73.
Each year the cost has been steadily rising. It rose from $8.58 in Q1 2016 (January to March) to $8.73 in Q2 2016 (April to June).

Unsurprisingly movie profits are also down. They state it's down by about 9.5% compared to last year.

Source

Could it be that prices have just become too high? (With places like New York reportedly costing 13.50 for a ticket alone driving the average up.)

Spoiler:
Speaking for myself, tickets at the one I used to be closest to were $11 per person before tax. Though they offer lower prices on Tuesdays... $6.50 on Tuesdays instead of the normal price. The one I'm closest to now though is $12 general, $7 for Tuesdays and $15 for 3D.

Or is it that the movies they're making aren't causing people to want to go out? Or is there another factor (or factors) causing people not to want to go to the movies?
07-19-2016 11:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Maroon Caludin Offline
Ferret Queen

About Me
RE: Movie tickets most expensive now
I never was a huge movie goer myself. I'd go see stuff I really wanted to see, otherwise I'd wait for them to hit video or dvd (which is a way smaller wait time then it used to be).

I think it tends to be a mixture. Prices go up everywhere, but its quite a bit to chuck out to see a couple hours of a movie. And one you may not even enjoy always. And honestly I don't think there are as many good movies. Its not often I see one I want to see.
07-19-2016 11:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
Speaking for myself, rising ticket prices have caused me to stop going to movie theaters except for the biggest movies that I have to see on a giant screen, like Star Wars or Avengers level of blockbusters.

I don't want to take a chance on movies anymore, and anything that I'm not sure I'll like I just wait to rent on Netflix or Redbox.

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
07-19-2016 11:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Indeed, it has been some time since I was to a theatre last. I don't want to pay $11 to see a movie, it's just too expensive for me to go with any sort of regularity. Don't even get me started on the scam they call the concession stand. And then of course they have new features like seats that respond to the movie and actually move (so ticket prices of like $23 for them).

Thing is people are getting burned because costs are rising, wages aren't. Money isn't going as far as it used to. Couple that with the fact it's harder to find and keep a job now than it ever was and you have a recipe for disaster. Especially since it's going to get worse in the future. Major companies are will start replacing humans with machines the second they can get away with it. They already did it in the automobile manufacturing industry (and numerous other factories) before... It's not an "if" situation any longer, it's "when" they go through with it.
07-20-2016 12:12 AM
Maroon Caludin Offline
Ferret Queen

About Me
(07-20-2016 12:12 AM)VirusZero Wrote:  Indeed, it has been some time since I was to a theatre last. I don't want to pay $11 to see a movie, it's just too expensive for me to go with any sort of regularity. Don't even get me started on the scam they call the concession stand. And then of course they have new features like seats that respond to the movie and actually move (so ticket prices of like $23 for them).

Thing is people are getting burned because costs are rising, wages aren't. Money isn't going as far as it used to. Couple that with the fact it's harder to find and keep a job now than it ever was and you have a recipe for disaster. Especially since it's going to get worse in the future. Major companies are will start replacing humans with machines the second they can get away with it. They already did it in the automobile manufacturing industry (and numerous other factories) before... It's not an "if" situation any longer, it's "when" they go through with it.
That's true too. People have way less money to spend on that kind of thing. And honestly if I'm going to chuck out that amount of money, I'd rather do it on something I can hold and stuff. Or buying the actual movie.

Honestly its horrid what a lot of stuff costs these days. And yay for sounding old for me! XD
07-22-2016 12:26 AM
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
Yeah you are not the only one I remember going to the movies a lot in the past ,but in recent years we or myself hardly ever go see one unless something worth that price. It is sad really. Quite sad because a lot of memories going out were the movies. The last movie I saw was Kung Fu Panda 3 and that was early this year and since then hardly any movie going after that.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIeRzAV7Ah0[/video]
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2016 12:52 AM by randomdrifter865.)
07-22-2016 12:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Maroon Caludin Offline
Ferret Queen

About Me
Honestly most times I go hardly anyone there. But also could be the movies I see or the time of day. *shrug*
07-22-2016 12:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Our Affiliates - Affiliate with us!
Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight
We're listed at:
Forum Promotion RPGfix Vote for Endless Fight at Top Site List Planet
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison