Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunvolt 2
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
Gunvolt 2
How are we not talking about this?

Copen looks legit as shit. His speed play and 'maverick moves' are going to make him my go to. GV is cool, but Copen is the soul of megaman.

So far I like the Prism and Aqua bosses the most. Ice guy is also badass looking.

Enjoy
http://gunvolt.com/en/GV2/
09-07-2016 02:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: Gunvolt 2
I haven't even finished the first game yet (got it in a Steam sale a while ago...) and the next one is already coming out at the end of the month?

Any idea on how long before this one comes to Steam too? Or will it?
09-07-2016 08:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
I wouldn't even wait for a Steam sale necessarily, the first game was good enough to buy at full price imo.

Copen does indeed look fun to play, I daresay even more fun than Gunvolt himself.

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
09-07-2016 10:20 PM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
No idea. This one I know will also have a physical release that is a double pack, which will have GV 1 with all the removed japanese material that was removed put back in. Steam currently has the missing stuff. As well the 3DS version will have a special Shovel Knight Boss that's accessed through the amiibo. I feel that's due to Yachat club Gaming being the producor for the physical release.
09-07-2016 10:21 PM
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
Yeah I want to fight Shovel Knight but I don't know if I want to buy the amiibo.

As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
09-08-2016 12:16 AM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
When we meet up, I have 2. You can load on in and throwdown like a champ. Can you master the art of digging?
09-08-2016 01:43 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
The only reason I "waited" for a steam sale to get Gunvolt 1 was because I missed it's release. (I planned on picking it up but then I never saw it get released. It wasn't until the steam sale that I actually saw it'd been released and bought it.)

This one I'll try to buy it when it comes out on PC right away.

Though, I agree Copen looks more fun to play as.
09-10-2016 08:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Demon_skeith Offline
Veteran poster

About Me
Wait gunvolt 2 comes out at the end of this month? Hrmm, I'll need to adjust my game playing.

Gamingforce - Daily video game news and game console news.
09-11-2016 01:02 AM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
So the game is out digitally. I preordered the physical version because I wanted a complete GV1.what's everyone think of 2 so far?
09-30-2016 09:22 AM
Demon_skeith Offline
Veteran poster

About Me
(09-30-2016 09:22 AM)Vile Wrote:  So the game is out digitally. I preordered the physical version because I wanted a complete GV1.what's everyone think of 2 so far?

I didn't realize there was a physical version, I'll be getting that.

Gamingforce - Daily video game news and game console news.
10-02-2016 12:42 AM
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
GV2 I hope is an improvement. Hated that BS of getting the real ending in GV1. I will not spoil it, but it was that kind of thing that burns me a little inside because in earlier Inticrates games you didn't have to do that. Though I do not mind GV1 for what it had offered and doing a level well got you a JPOP song ,but come on that real ending was BS getting and you all know it do not lie to me! ROAR! Well happy hunting once I get GV2. If anyone asks yes I went through the trouble of getting it. Just bitter on how you get that ending.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIeRzAV7Ah0[/video]
10-02-2016 03:51 AM
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
Responding to the GV1 comment, I didn't really have an issue getting the true ending. I found 4/7 of the gems on my first playthrough, one more when I went back to do the challenges and went to a youtube guide to find the remaining two, which took all of 5 minutes to pick up. I did like that ending because it really raised the stakes. On one hand you have this incredible new power but they still managed to make the final boss seem challenging.

My complaints with GV1 are twofold. First, you can't slide down walls to slow your descent. Second, the JPOP doesn't make me feel badass at all, I want some speed metal or techno to get the blood pumping. I'll never understand all of the game trailers out of Japan that showcase good action but have some 14 year old girl singing a slow song in the background. Admittedly I don't hate the music, more often than not the singer has a good voice. But its not what I want to hear when I'm playing a high speed action game, I'm not looking for serenity, I need something more extreme.

10-02-2016 07:05 PM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
Jet wants babymetal playing while he Gunvolts
10-02-2016 09:42 PM
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
Totes. You caught me. All of the babymetal and then all of the chocolate.

But seriously, something akin to the music they played in Megaman X levels. How have they forgotten this?

10-03-2016 01:50 AM
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
Well to be fair Jet, Inti Creates started to get more what it is now with the ZX series in terms of game music, and besides GV1's score of music was kind of dull honestly, the stage themes really didn't make me feel this was great music worth remembering and that's saying a lot because the Zero and ZX series had very phenomenal tracks oh of course MM9 and MM10 ,but in GV1 I honestly can't really recommend any of its standard score. The JPOP I could if you like that sort of thing which I do to a point ,but the JPOP in this is okay just not what I was hoping when I get through stage being awesome. I honestly hope Copin's is more the what you are looking for.

EDIT: NVM was really hoping for some JRock honestly for Copen because well the dude is a hard ass and has a lot of hatred in his soul from what I remember from GV1 ,but okay gets similar treatment. Oh well here's hoping GV2's soundtrack is a good one.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2016 02:54 AM by randomdrifter865.)
10-03-2016 02:14 AM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
I don't even remember Gunvolt Stage themes. That alones says the games quality of music. At least Mighty 9 had some good tracks.

Now that Shovel Knight fight theme......
10-03-2016 07:26 PM
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
The gameplay is fun but the music, the bosses, none of it is memorable. It doesn't help that none of their names are localized so it's some Japanese name that I can never recall. It's something these games have lost since the days of Robot Masters and early mavericks, I don't feel like we really get to know the bosses anymore.

10-04-2016 03:15 AM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
I disagree on the bosses. In GV1 they all stood out to me. Crea and.... bug guy, are the only ones i found forgettable. Zonda i will never forget because it was my firsr encounter with Xe Xem pronouns and it confused the hell out of me. Also penis sword.

The others, i really liked their design. We didn't get any less than the Zero or ZX bosses in terms of personality. Viper, Jota, Malic, and Zonda are the ones I will never forget.
10-04-2016 09:25 AM
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
I think they blend together too much and don't have the personality that we got from some of the older bosses. But I digress, gameplay is what is most important.

Regarding Gunvolt 2 I finally got time to play it. They've made some very nice quality of life changes such as removing the need to pre-select up to three challenges before you begin a mission. Now you can simply embark on a mission and if you fulfill the requirements of any challenge you're rewarded at the end of a mission, regardless if you've completed one challenge or eight in a single run. This not only saves time but also prevents (for the most part) having to rerun a difficult mission you got rank S on but didn't have the challenge active at the time.

Another improvement is the Kudos system. Before you lost all of your points for taking even a single hit, now they're a bit more forgiving. The default system gives up to three strikes before you lost your kudos, but you can also make it even easier or more difficult. If you are a perfectionist and very good at avoiding damage you can select an option that reverts back to one hit losing all of your Kudos, but you are rewarded if you do this with a higher multiplier if you can pull it off. Higher risk nets you appropriately higher rewards, and it's nice that the game gives you the option so you can play how you want.

Other cool stuff, just aesthetically I like being able to break windows in the background by activating flashfield. I thought it was just a neat graphical trick but you can also find some rewards that way.

Haven't played as Copen yet outside of the intro mission. I like his style, but it's different enough that I think switching back and forth between characters is going to trip me up, and since I'm already warmed up with GV I think I'll just beat the game once with him and then go back and play as Copen.

10-04-2016 08:54 PM
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
@Vilee

Bug Guy.... LOL yep that really shows they made that much of impression. To be fair I honestly didn't give a damn who they where my names for them were as followed, Locust Man, Dude is a lady, Copen, Wannabe Loli Man, Team Snake Woman, Magnet Man 2.0, Lazer Man, Lazy White Boy, Nova and Asshole. Out of all of them I think Zonda stood out for me and you did not even fight Zonda in GV1 and that's saying a lot if a character you didn't even fight has more personality than most of the cast.

UPDATE: Getting that Striker path tomorrow, that's gonna be a blast. Also have my Shovel Knight Amiibo ready. Gonna look forward to that sick track.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2016 05:45 AM by randomdrifter865.)
10-05-2016 02:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Our Affiliates - Affiliate with us!
Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight
We're listed at:
Forum Promotion RPGfix Vote for Endless Fight at Top Site List Planet
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison