Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Mario Run
ThatAnimeGuy Offline
Konami code

About Me
Super Mario Run
Seems like we're going to get the third official Nintendo game on smartphones and tablets after Miitomo and Pokemon Go next year.

According to Nintendo, it will be a paid app. From the trailer I've seen, it looks like a fun Mario game to help people get an idea if they want to buy a console to play the full games. So far I only know it'll be available for iOS, however, I'm sure Android will follow soon after.

Source: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/stat...9479437312

What do you think? Are you going to get it?

Next anime I plan to watch: Re:Zero.
09-08-2016 12:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
RE: Super Mario Run
Pass. Paid app games are the devils work.
09-08-2016 01:43 PM
ThatAnimeGuy Offline
Konami code

About Me
(09-08-2016 01:43 PM)Vile Wrote:  Pass. Paid app games are the devils work.

Some are actually pretty nice.

Not to mention that this is a Mario game (where you originally purchase them for $40 to play on a console such as the Nintendo DS) and from the trailer I've seen, it gives you a taste of what you'll get when you do play the console Mario games.

Anyway, is there any reason why you're against paid apps on mobile devices?

09-10-2016 01:41 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Some might be good, but in this case I don't care because I've never been fond of mario games.
Spoiler:
I mean I bought my U and it came with Super Mario 3D or whatever (and Nintendoland) and, for the first and only time ever, I traded in a game. I mean I literally opened the box of the U (like 10 minutes after buying), pulled the games out, walked into the gamestop and traded them in. I never even pulled the factory sealing plastic off their boxes. And I got enough back to pay off over half of Smash Bros... which is the game I really wanted.

If this were a Metroid, Legend of Zelda or Star Fox then I might be interested.
09-10-2016 08:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ThatAnimeGuy Offline
Konami code

About Me
The latest Mario games aren't that great.

I skipped U when I was looking for new games to purchase although I got 3D World instead. 3D World is A LOT better than 3D Land for the 3DS in my opinion, but it could use a bit of improvement as well.

I'd say not to let U put you off Mario games. You should try 3D World at least.

09-11-2016 08:00 PM
Demon_skeith Offline
Veteran poster

About Me
I'll pass. I grew up mashing the d-pad in making mario take those long leaps of faith. I need that and always will.

Gamingforce - Daily video game news and game console news.
09-14-2016 11:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ThatAnimeGuy Offline
Konami code

About Me
(09-14-2016 11:11 PM)Demon_skeith Wrote:  I'll pass. I grew up mashing the d-pad in making mario take those long leaps of faith. I need that and always will.

I completely understand. I most likely will not purchase the smartphone version of the game unless it's incredibly cheap like 99 cents, which I doubt it'll be on launch.

If it's on a 99 cent sale price discount, I might consider trying it. Otherwise I'd be sticking to the main Mario games.

09-17-2016 08:56 PM
Demon_skeith Offline
Veteran poster

About Me
(09-17-2016 08:56 PM)ThatAnimeGuy Wrote:  
(09-14-2016 11:11 PM)Demon_skeith Wrote:  I'll pass. I grew up mashing the d-pad in making mario take those long leaps of faith. I need that and always will.

I completely understand. I most likely will not purchase the smartphone version of the game unless it's incredibly cheap like 99 cents, which I doubt it'll be on launch.

If it's on a 99 cent sale price discount, I might consider trying it. Otherwise I'd be sticking to the main Mario games.

I doubt Nintendo it let it drop that low of a price.

Gamingforce - Daily video game news and game console news.
09-17-2016 11:16 PM
ThatAnimeGuy Offline
Konami code

About Me
I'm wondering if anyone played this yet since it's now available.

I played the first three levels of the trial and the first couple of seconds of the 4th level (since the free version only allowed me to test out the level), and it's alright. I didn't really enjoy it too much for it to push me into making the purchase but the last one I tried was extremely interesting.

I'm guessing the game gets a lot better with more enemies and stuff but I wouldn't waste 10 bucks to get an answer to that. I also know you can purchase levels without paying the full price tag, but I would have considered doing that if I played that was capable of pushing me into purchasing.

12-19-2016 11:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Our Affiliates - Affiliate with us!
Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight
We're listed at:
Forum Promotion RPGfix Vote for Endless Fight at Top Site List Planet
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison