Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ Nintendo ] Behold the NX
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
RE: Behold the NX
@Vile

May not be a biggie for some myself included ,but if I want to play with bodies that are not local and besides Vile, I won't get to show my best taunt message, "Not a charge shot!" Big Grin

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIeRzAV7Ah0[/video]
01-15-2017 07:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Paul Tassi over at Forbes hits a lot of reasons why I'm not sure the Switch will do well.

Short version... it feels like Nintendo just hasn't learned anything from their past few consoles. (Slow 1st party release cycle, lack of 3rd party, trying to make the system more like it's hit of the 7th gen with motion controls.)

And then there's the "hidden costs"...
01-16-2017 10:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
I'm use to being told how shitty nintendo is by the locals at the comic shop and how I'm a dumbass for getting a wii u and what not.

But fuck it, i love Nintendos IP's and with as little as I play games anymore the system that fits my interest the best works. Plus I'm sick of the 'big' games being the dark edgy do the same thing crap. Infamous, Uncharted, Batman, they all have the "lemme hold your hand while you play" syndrome. I'll take games that are designed like the old any day of the week.
01-17-2017 07:50 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
I'm not saying that the switch is bad... I just don't think it's going to sell well. I don't think Nintendo is bad either, they just have made some very questionable choices and seem to forget their mistakes. (Those who forget their history are doomed to repeat it afterall.)

Third party support is kinda important to making a console. Third party support helps fill the library with games when first party is still making theirs. They made that same mistake last generation too. Without it people aren't going to bother picking it up because it's going to cost too much for not enough games. I mean it's hard to justify spending $300 on a console that has maybe 4 games you want to play and really not a lot to round out the roster.

Furthermore the third party support they do have is following the exact same trappings they did with the U. Releasing older games and expecting them to do well. I'm sorry but Skyrim is over 5 years old now and just released an updated version for PC/PS4/XB1. And anyone who wants to (re)enjoy Skyrim likely either has picked up a version by the time the Switch will release.
01-17-2017 08:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
Nintendo and 3rd party has been rocky since the N64 era, they were decent during the game cube era ,but after that its been one slow ball drop to another with that starting with the Wii, forcing motion control gimmicks being one of the issues during the Wii era, than come Wii U era for them I have never seen such a small library of physical copy games, sure they have the virtual console and the Wii U is a functional Wii on top of that with access to its virtual console ,but the Wii U's library of games is pretty small in comparison to the last two generations and it shows.

Nintendo is still one of my favorite companies and I could care less what others think ,but here is the issue; if the Switch follows the same vain of issues which so far killed the Wii U then exactly nothing was learned or gained after that and I can see that being the switch's failing point for it too and that's a shame. Considering after seeing some good potential with the games like the next full 3D Mario looks amazing and looks fun, for those who want it for Breath of the Wild also looks magnificent and then there's No more heroes 3 for whomever likes that series sounds interesting too , then there is Splatoon 2 Nintendo's take on online 3rd person shooter action which Splatoon being successful on the Wii U it got a sequel.

Then we have ports okay, so we are getting Mario Kart 8 Deluxe which is basically all the DLC you got for the one on Wii U and then its getting new courses, bringing back balloon battle and has two new characters off the bat Squid Boy and Squid Girl making the one on Wii U now inferior and obviously since Nintendo is dropping Wii U support we are not gonna get those features which means hey buy a switch. Then supposedly there is the port of Smash 4 for switch which oh boy if they add new characters to that I see a shit storm there ,but hey that's rumor and speculation on that. Then of course there is Skyrim which at this point the three virus already mentioned are already out and who the hell is gonna get it on the Switch?

If I am getting a Switch which may not be right way I am probably getting it for the new Mario, Breath of the Wild and Fire Emblem Warriors so far.

@Vile

Dark and edgy, well I think we are slowly going back to those days with the remakes for Crash Trilogy and if that does well maybe we will see a return of the whimsical stuff because that's part of the reason I still continue getting the Sony console line because its has games I am looking forward too and for me there needs to be a healthy balance of both and you are right majority of the Sony and Microsoft console games have been host to mostly those kinds of games.

The hold your hand stuff, that's now any game company's practice assuming that whomever is playing their game is their first game with the exception of some recent titles most notably the dark soul series if we are talking mainstream ,but here's the thing need I remind you Nintendo is just as infamous with that. Super guides in mario games after you screw up like 3x in a stage ,but you gotta understand not everyone is our skill level.

01-17-2017 10:51 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
So the launch of the switch is only a few days away now... Will you be getting one?
03-01-2017 07:03 PM
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
Not right away if at all. Zelda is the only title I care for now, I'd rather wait to see how things develop with games, defects, third party support and eventual price drops.

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
03-02-2017 03:24 AM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
I don't play any game system enough to warrent a new one anytime soon.

That said I'll likely get the switch in due time. I'm not a huge fan of microsoft or sony so i may as well stick with my baby
03-02-2017 10:28 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
I can't see buying it any time soon because it really doesn't have any games I have to play. Breath of the Wild is available on the U so that's where I'll buy it. And Mario Odyssey is yet another mario game I don't care about.

Plus, I really don't have a ton of money to be going out and buying a new console.
03-02-2017 10:55 PM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
I would trade you for a week VZ. I have the money, but not the time.

Though if I had the time I would keep working on this model I was going to enter into a contest. While it's in the competition I am going to see if I can at least get a judge grade for my own personal iota of pride.
03-02-2017 11:14 PM
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
Not now probably much later till things iron out on the thing as it stands the switch doesn't have enough I would want on it for one and for two I think they need too upgrade it before I might be interested in it because the starting stats and the library is very limited to me.

03-03-2017 05:18 AM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
That's also another thing I'm kind of worried about... that they're going to release an upgraded version down the road. (Possibly with the Tegra X2 chip, maybe with double the internal memory, and a better battery.) And given how Nintendo isn't fond of dropping prices much, I don't want to risk spending $300 on a "console" when in a few weeks/months they could release a superior version for the same or only a little more expensive price.
03-03-2017 12:42 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Now that the switch is out it looks like it's having a few minor issues...
Dead pixels, left joy-con not working well, blue (temporary) and orange (permanent) screens of death (made worse by the fact that save data is locked to the console and non-transferrable), additional dock that scratches the screen.

Source

But hey, at least it's the fastest selling Nintendo console. So that counts for good news right?

Nintendo may be on the right track if it can keep this up.
03-07-2017 10:52 PM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
How common are the issues though*? I also would think a screen protector is advised to avoid scratching.

*In my job i have discovered most people in the world are stupid and are the cause of their own issues and thus discredit most minor issues
03-08-2017 01:07 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
The scratched screen issue was common enough that Nintendo actually stopped selling the additional docks (even removing the store page for it).

As for other issues, I have no hard numbers to say how prevalent they are. But to be fair Nintendo hasn't even stated how many consoles they've sold either. So no way to even judge how widespread it is.
03-08-2017 02:43 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Some numbers for the switch's sales have actually been released... According to SuperData (an industry analyst) using data from Famitsu and GFK, they've revealed that 1.5 million Switch units have been sold in the first week.

Source

That's not a bad start for Nintendo. Now the issue is whether it can maintain that momentum or if things will cool off. What do you think?
03-15-2017 01:12 PM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
I'll be getting one aftrr my colorado trip. Keep those numbers flowing.
03-15-2017 02:23 PM
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
I think I'm going to grab Zelda on the Wii U, I really don't want to buy the thing and only have it be the Zelda machine for the first year.

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
03-16-2017 04:09 PM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
I'm planning to get bomberman, Yooka-Laylee, Zelda, Sonic Mania, and Mario on mine. That alone is almost on par woth my ps3 games.
(Boarserlands 2, MVC3, Gundam Dynasty Warriors 3, Sonic Gen)
03-16-2017 06:17 PM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
Double post!

I bought my switch today. More later on what I think about it
03-22-2017 03:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison