Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Movie] Ghost in the Shell (2017)
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Ghost in the Shell (2017)
Ghost in the Shell is based on the 1989-1990 manga of the same name (and later anime movie). It follows Major Matoko Kusanagi (Scarlett Johansson) as she works for Public Section 9. (A para-military force tasked with investigating and dealing with cyborg crimes.)

What do you think of this movie?
11-14-2016 10:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Demon_skeith Offline
Veteran poster

About Me
RE: Ghost in the Shell (2017)
Damn, might be the first anime movie to actually be done right. Though I have to wonder what fanbase it will find here in the states?

Gamingforce - Daily video game news and game console news.
11-16-2016 03:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
They released a new trailer for the movie...

And dare I say that it actually looks good. I won't say I'm hyped for the movie, but I will say I'm interested. Seems like they're going a much different route with the Major this time than other versions.
02-14-2017 07:24 PM
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
I've heard of this anime but don't actually know anything about it. The trailer does have me interested as well, though that might just be Scarlett Johansson without her clothes on. I'll probably see this when it comes out.

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
02-15-2017 02:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
The series it's based on is worth checking out too (if you end up liking this movie)... though there are a few different interpretations. (The original animated movie is kinda dry/philosophical but otherwise good. The TV series "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex" is pretty good and definitely worth your time if you like robots, cyborgs and action. There's a newer 4 part series called Arise but, personally, I didn't care for it as much. The character design seemed pretty off to me and it's story wasn't that interesting.)
02-17-2017 02:56 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Adam Savage (of Mythbusters fame) got behind the scenes access to show more info on the Thermoptical suit that Scarlett Johansson wears in the trailer (to go invisible).

It's pretty cool to see/hear how they make this stuff. Plus it's cool to see how the costume actually looks without any CGI editing or extra makeup to blend it.
03-08-2017 11:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison