Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tabletop Simulator
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
Tabletop Simulator
Alright in this thread I'm going to shill for Tabletop Simulator because I think it's great, has a huge variety of games and it'd provide a convenient platform for people here to get together and game together.

You're going to have to download the Steam client first but that's free and gives you access to a bunch of PC games you couldn't otherwise get, so if you don't already have Steam come and join the rest of the world. Then after you've purchased Tabletop Simulator you can go into the Steam Workshop page and download just about any board/card game you can think of. The game comes with a bunch of normal games like Chess and Poker, but the real fun comes in stuff that you can download.

For instance, Secret Hitler is a game that everyone in Discord/Curse could play, it's a hidden identity game where a handful of people are Fascists/Hitler himself and are trying to convince the others that they're not, long enough to spread confusion and mistrust among the other players and screw them over. It's a hilarious game and I think it'd go over really well with this group.

There are also tools for a traditional pen/paper RPG in the vein of Dungeons and Dragons or whatever other RP you want to do. There are mini figurines you can setup to represent players or enemies. There are tools that easily allow you to create your setting, allowing everyone to clearly see the layout of the forest/ruins/enemy base that they're in and their placement in relation to enemies/items of importance/escape vectors. It could be a really useful tool for our RPs, either for laying out the environment or tracking movement during a battle.

Recently I've gotten into this new Collectible Card Game called Star Wars Destiny, and rather than buying a hundred booster packs and maybe getting the necessary cards I need to craft my master deck I can just have access to all the cards in front of me, allowing for easy deck building. It's also very easy to que up and find an opponent to play me any time I want. Saves a ton of time and money that other deckbuilding trading card games are notorious for.

And then there's all of these other awesome board games. Board games are expensive, and sometimes it's hard to get enough people together to play them. But Tabletop Simulator makes it easy, cheap, quick... and the variety is amazing. They've got mods for Betrayal at the House on the Hill, Battlestar Galactaga, Game of Thrones, Settlers of Catan, Ultimate Werewolf, X-wing, Splendor, Dominion, Boss Monster and more.

Just get it ok? I want to play games with you guys. And right now it's on sale for $10, which is incredible value considering the amount of games you'll have access to. Also you can buy a 4-pack for $30 and give 3 of the codes to friends/family who you'd like to play with, and take care of their holiday gift shopping at the same time.

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
11-26-2016 12:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: Tabletop Simulator
It's on sale again as part of the winter Steam sale... I'm probably going to pick it up along with either Earth Defense Force 4.1, DOOM or A Shantae game (either Pirates Curse or the HD remake of the first game).
12-22-2016 09:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
Betrayal in the House and Secret Hitler are legit fun games. There's local board game group for me and we play betrayal often

Betrayal in the House and Secret Hitler are legit fun games. There's local board game group for me and we play betrayal often
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2016 12:05 AM by Vile.)
12-22-2016 11:33 PM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
Tell me, does this simulator have Sentinels of the Multiverse? If so, I may get it to play with you guys. That games is nerd fandom lore.
01-23-2017 12:55 AM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
There looks to be 2 different versions of it... An original vanilla game only version and a compiled version with all the expansion materials.

There's also a Marvel vs DC version too it looks like.
01-23-2017 08:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
Blah. Marvel DC isn't legit. If they have all the expansions and you guys want to play, I'll get it.
01-24-2017 08:19 PM
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
Everyone should get it, at least bookmark and put it on your wishlist so you're alerted whenever it's on sale next.

I own the base game for Sentinels IRL, not my favorite game of the bunch but fun enough that I'd play with you lot. But seriously, they've got everything, we should all get it.

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
01-25-2017 02:50 AM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
Sentinels and Betrayal In the House On the Hill are my favorite board games to play.

I'm curious if they have the Megaman Board game on here, too. I may enjoy it more if I play with mega fans.
01-25-2017 10:58 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
"Betrayal in the House on the Hill" is there... But I haven't seen the Megaman Board game there. (At least not yet.) It may not have been added in just yet. But likely someone is working on adding it...
01-26-2017 09:20 PM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
Can you program a game? because I have the boardgame with all the kickstarter goals.

I'll also have Pixel Tactics: Megaman soon. I have the base set and it's fun.
01-26-2017 10:52 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
I've seen a bit on how to do it, it doesn't actually look that hard... (At least not until you get into the 3D modelling aspect... That's a bit less fun.)

01-28-2017 11:47 PM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
I officially have the game. I'll try ir out toniggt whwn I am home but i think from my phone I have added the Megaman NT warrior TCG and DBZ. I need to chdck the dbz one to ensure it's the right cards with the erratas.
04-19-2017 11:19 AM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
DOUBLE POSTERS DESERVE TO DIE

IS there a way to not make the game full screen at all times? I checked the options thread and didn't see anything
04-19-2017 09:02 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
From the main menu click configuration then click the graphics tab. There should be an option for "Fullscreen", uncheck that and click apply.
04-19-2017 09:18 PM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
Much better. Now to just figure out how to build a deck in this. I must say, the Megaman TCG doesn't seem very user friendly, as there is nothing telling me how to do anything
04-19-2017 09:28 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
If you look at the side of the table, you might see a tablet sitting on the table... (At least in the version I linked it was there... it should ask to connect to a googledrive. Let it and it'll display what I take to the rules for the game. You can then swing around to the tablet, using the arrow keys to manipulate the camera, and zoom in to read the rules.)
04-19-2017 09:37 PM
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
I got it, it took me awhile, but I did it.
04-19-2017 10:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison