Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your Internet speed?
ThatAnimeGuy Offline
Konami code

About Me
What's your Internet speed?
I'm curious to know what your Internet's speed is (download and upload rate) and if you're happy with it.

Thinking about upgrading mine since service hasn't been all that great.
12-10-2016 12:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: What's your Internet speed?
At my parents place is 150mbps download, 50mbps upload.
At where I'm staying is 100mbps download, 10mbps upload.

I'm not overly happy with either company for various reasons.

The company my parents are with, while having pretty good speed, is prone to outages and downtimes. They don't last very long most times... but they're annoying.

The company providing where I'm at has a much lower speed. (They say 100mbps... but in truth I get around 50-60mbps in actual speed. Where at my parents place I get an actual speed of about 90% or around 140mbps.) Plus the 10mbps upload speed is actually kinda low for doing any high demand stuff like uploading videos to youtube (since they can easily be up to a gigabyte being uploaded) or doing multiple things at once (gaming and using a voice chat). And they don't even offer any plans that increase the upload speed. (They have a plan that gives almost 1gbps/1000mbps of download speed... but still only 10mbps upload.)
Plus their "higher" plans also have data caps on how much you can transfer in a month before being charged. (Their 150mbps plan has a 250 gigabyte per month cap. The 300mbps plan has a 750 gigabyte per month cap. And if you want true unlimited? Then you have to pay an extra $35 per month on top of the normal cost. )
And then of course at around 4PM the entire network slows down a fair bit as more people come online. (At my parents place it never seemed to matter how many people were on, things never slowed down.)
12-10-2016 11:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kirkburn Offline
Welcome Aboard Cadet

About Me
How do you find out your Internet speed?
12-01-2019 09:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
The easiest way is to go to speedtest.net
When you get to the page it should just have a button saying "Go". Click it to launch the test with the settings it figures is best for you. (Normally it'll use your IP to select the closest server to test your speed with.) But if you want you can select other servers to give a more accurate picture of what it'll be like for online gaming (by selecting a further away server).
12-01-2019 10:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison