Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Musk: Man and Machine to merge
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Musk: Man and Machine to merge
According to Elon Musk, operator of Tesla, claims that man will need to integrate with machine in order to compete. His reasoning is simple... machines communicate at trillions of bits per second but humans can only interact with machines at around 10 bits per second. So in order to remain competitive humans will develop an interface to hook directly to the brain.

Source

Ghost in the Shell anyone? Ready to surf the net with your mind?
02-13-2017 05:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
RE: Musk: Man and Machine to merge
As much as that would be cool, I don't think I want that kind of feature. the human mind is meant to be a private inner window for a reason. I would be fine with buster arms or jet legs ,but I would not want a mind where my dreams are ads like in futurama. No thanks. Maybe in some twisted alternate reality ,but not this one thank you.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIeRzAV7Ah0[/video]
02-19-2017 07:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
I would not want this sort of thing either. Despite how cool surfing the net with one's mind might sound... it also comes with the massive drawback of opening up tremendous risks. Data that goes in also means data can come out. So who's to say people can't read your mind as you're browsing? I mean the hardware/software is supposed to listen to the human mind and understand how to translate that to something the machines can use. So why then would it be a stretch to think that while you're distracted by that youtube vid or something that someone isn't poking about in your head.

Think of the field day the NSA would have with this. Not only could they study browsing habits they could even invade a person's mind itself and get info.

Though one upside would be that this would probably advance prosthetics a long way... Possibly to the point where the prosthetic is just as good as the real thing. (Adding tactile feedback with accurate control and fluid motions. So a person could tell exactly how much pressure they were exerting simply by feel.)
And then down the road... prosthetics might even be better than organic. If the interface works well and solves the control problems. (And then of course they figure out a better power system.)
02-19-2017 01:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
And it looks like Elon Musk isn't the only one thinking this will happen...

Ray Kurzweil, a futurist at Google who boasts an 86% success rate at predicting the future, claims that by the 2030s we'll be linking up to the internet with our minds.

Source
03-16-2017 09:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison