Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] March 19th 2017 Downtime
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
[Solved] March 19th 2017 Downtime
At approximately midnight on March 19th the site went offline. This was due to an error with my credit card.

Simply put I thought I had set the payment type on the host to automatic withdraw from my credit card when the payment was due two days ago. However it didn't actually happen. When I tried to manually make the payment, it failed. (Though it still appears to have taken the money from my account... my bank will be hearing about this as I am not pleased.)

I have been in contact with the host and they've restored operation. (They have a record showing that payment was attempted and that it failed. Though we're not sure why payment failed now. There is more than enough money in the account.)
03-19-2017 06:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: March 19th 2017 Downtime
The situation has been resolved now.

As it turns out the online banking system is a bit overzealous when showing money having been taken... No money was actually taken from my account (and earlier today the online system showed the full amount, like nothing had happened.)

As for the actual issue...
Trying to the credit card on file set my old billing address. Because the old address didn't match the address on the card, it failed verification. So after I updated the billing address and re-entered the credit card info it was able to take the payment.
03-20-2017 05:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
RE: [Solved] March 19th 2017 Downtime
Is VZ one of those people that calls a DebitCard a CreditCard?
03-20-2017 05:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: [Solved] March 19th 2017 Downtime
No debit cards and credit cards are distinct entities.
Though, on this card, I like to put more money on the credit card (so it's showing that they owe me money...) then I use it like that so I'm not worrying about having to pay off the card later. (Mostly because it deals with the exchange rate and I try to only buy US funds when the exchange rate is more in my favour. Any money I can save the better...)
03-20-2017 05:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison