Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epipen price hit hits people hard
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Epipen price hit hits people hard
The trend in the last few years is that life saving medical treatments have increased in cost, not just a little bit either... but drastically hiked up. Epi-pen is the latest of these with it's parent company Mylan having jumped the price from $50 per epi-pen to over $300 per epi-pen ($600 for a 2 pack). Mylan claimed that insurance companies would eat this cost and thusly keep the price under $50... but so far it hasn't really happened.
In 2014 18% of insured people had to pay over $100 for their epi-pens. Another 7.4% had to pay over $250 for theirs. Put together that means 25% of all insured customers are paying over $100... double the supposed amount insurance should keep it under.

Mylan released a generic name epi-pen for $300 which has lead to some insurance companies refused to cover the name brand version. Additionally another company (Impax)has released a $109 version (with or without insurance). They also offer a coupon that means the retail price per epi-pen is around $10.

Source
03-28-2017 04:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
RE: Epipen price hit hits people hard
Abaolutely ridiculous. I personally hate our medical system. Aside from high costs the usual wait time at my local ER is 5 hours
03-28-2017 05:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Sadly ours can be just as bad.

People now seem to use the ER for everything here. Got a headache? ER. Got a fever? ER. Got a small cut on an arm? ER.

Even just getting in to see a regular doctor can be a long waiting time... 45 minutes or more (with an appointment).
03-29-2017 07:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
I'll take 45 min over 5 hours
03-30-2017 11:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Without an appointment though you could wait a considerable amount of time. Days even. Especially in busier parts of the country where the increased number of people means hospitals are just busier overall.
03-30-2017 09:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison