Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ Nintendo ] Big N putting games on Shield
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Big N putting games on Shield
Nintento and Nvidia have reached a partnership where Nvidia's Shield android system will have 6th and 7th gen Nintendo games on it. Games like Twilight Princess and Punchout. But like most things, there is a catch... This time it's that these games will only be available on the Shield in China. (Why China? Because China has a huge gaming scene but Nintendo doesn't sell official products there. Possibly due to counterfeiting.)

Source

An interesting development. Does this mean in the future that Nintendo may opt to go third party afterall if this works out well for them?
12-09-2017 01:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T Dog Offline
Welcome Aboard Cadet

About Me
RE: Big N putting games on Shield
They went 3rd party with pokemon go right?
12-09-2017 02:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vile Offline
The Baron

About Me
Poke Go is kinda 3rd party. Really I think they are going to move pokemon from the DS to the Switch.
12-13-2017 08:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Pokemon Go is a spin-off game so yes it's third party... but at the same time Nintendo likely wouldn't have been able to pull off as large a success with it if they didn't make use of the cellphone market. (Which already has an appetite for quick, easy games.) Their own hardware is not as prolific and part of the game is a social aspect. (Which if they used their own hardware would limit their audience quite a bit.)

I can see Nintendo moving Pokemon over to the switch happening kinda soon.
I also could see them "closing" the handheld market by using the Switch as a handheld. (So discontinue or phase out the DS line, focus entirely on the Switch going forward. Ramp up the focus on the Switch as a mobile gaming wonder. Possibly make a way to play DS/3DS games on the Switch.)
12-13-2017 08:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Our Affiliates - Affiliate with us!
Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight
We're listed at:
Forum Promotion RPGfix Vote for Endless Fight at Top Site List Planet
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison