Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ Sony ] PS5 backwards compatible
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
PS5 backwards compatible
Rumours have been circulating that the currently in development PS5 will have backwards compatibility with all previous generations of Playstation systems.

Though at present it's not known exactly what this means... Will it be able to play all those discs or only digital versions?

And how will it play those versions (will it use software emulation for PS1-3? Or will it have the chips from some/all of them to facilitate running the system?)
02-02-2019 09:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Maroon Caludin Offline
Ferret Queen

About Me
RE: PS5 backwards compatible
(02-02-2019 09:01 PM)VirusZero Wrote:  Rumours have been circulating that the currently in development PS5 will have backwards compatibility with all previous generations of Playstation systems.

Though at present it's not known exactly what this means... Will it be able to play all those discs or only digital versions?

And how will it play those versions (will it use software emulation for PS1-3? Or will it have the chips from some/all of them to facilitate running the system?)

Huh, that's interesting. I certainly hope its true! Even just for the PS4 would be cool.
02-03-2019 09:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: PS5 backwards compatible
The PS4 backwards compatibility is almost certainly happening because the PS5 is using X86 architecture like the PS4. (Which is one big reason why the PS4 wasn't backwards compatible with the PS3.) And Sony did take a pretty big popularity hit on the PS4 when Microsoft announced the Xbox One could do backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 games. (By that I mean people got kinda pissed at Sony for not offering PS3 backwards compatibility again.)
02-03-2019 10:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Our Affiliates - Affiliate with us!
Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight
We're listed at:
Forum Promotion RPGfix Vote for Endless Fight at Top Site List Planet
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison