Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Endless Fight's 9th birthday
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: Endless Fight's 9th birthday
Yeah we're all busy now. I'm definitely no exception to that. There have been weeks where about the only thing I have done is work. (Makes it hard to sit down and really post when that happens.) I rarely ever hear from others anymore either and likely for the same reasons... they're all busy with work stuff too. Even on discord now people seem to barely talk. The last time I had a real chat with anyone there was May.

Which is kinda my point that I made in the opening post. For a while now I've felt like it is just me. And that's no way to keep a site going. Staff can only do so much by themselves. (It's a universal truth of running sites.) Eventually it takes other people, members, to contribute. I've tried various methods over the years to help bolster activity too. From contests to participating in post exchanges with other forums (I go post on them and they come post here) and more. I've tried posting stuff to discord but it all just seems to be ignored.
Maybe I didn't go about those things the right way. Maybe my timing for posting them was off. Maybe the notifications were messed up. Heck maybe there's something wrong with the site/server that's affecting things and I just don't know about it. There are plenty of possible reasons but I can't be sure of any of them. More or less it's just like throwing things at a wall and hoping something sticks.

Which makes me think that it's time to stop spending money on something that realistically is only me using. I could get a blog for much cheaper if I really wanted to just throw my opinions out there.

But I want to be clear...

We're not at the point of closure yet. There is still time. So I'm not giving up hope just yet. And I also don't want people to think that I'm trying to guilt them into anything. I understand we're all busy with different commitments.
08-05-2019 10:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Endless Fight's 9th birthday - VirusZero - 02-15-2019, 11:49 PM
RE: Endless Fight's 9th birthday - VirusZero - 08-05-2019 10:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison