Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ Nintendo ] 2 new Switch models coming? (Rumour)
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
2 new Switch models coming? (Rumour)
Rumour has it that Nintendo is going to be releasing 2 new models of the Switch. One of which is a version with a higher clock speed and likely a bigger battery (the new version could run it's handheld mode at the same speeds as the old version's docked mode).

The other model is purported to be a slimmed down version with non-removable joycons, no rumble feature and no dock mode (making it essentially a more powerful 3DS and nothing more). Though it'll still be able to play all the existing switch games.

Source

If you don't own a switch already would either of these entice you to buy one?
03-26-2019 06:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Maroon Caludin Offline
Ferret Queen

About Me
RE: 2 new Switch models coming? (Rumour)
Probably not. Not unless there was like a game just for these models, though they do sound nice.
04-02-2019 06:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: 2 new Switch models coming? (Rumour)
In the past Nintendo has released an updated version of a console, with more power, then made a few games specifically with this extra capability in mind. Offhand they did it on the 3DS, though I don't recall exactly which games had the requirement.

Though I do think it'd be a stupid move to make a more powerful console and then make games only for it. That's a good way to piss off supporters since they already have the hardware but then they need to buy newer versions of the same hardware they own to play the game. (That or they buy/are given the game without realising they need the updated system and then wonder why they can't play it.)

If they want to make a newer/more powerful version that's fine as long as it just makes playing existing games better. (Maybe reduces any hiccups in the framerates or whatever.) Just so long as new games will still work on the older model of that console.

Though the other version of the switch, the non-removable joycon one, could be interesting if they price it a lot cheaper. Plus I could see it being a bit sturdier feeling since the controllers wouldn't detach and they could reinforce it. But when it comes to no dock mode, do they mean it just doesn't have a dock with it or they actually locked that out as a feature (so it's just never an option)?
If it just doesn't come with a dock but it could still be put on an existing one then that'd could be pretty useful for families. Like parents buy a switch for themselves, buy this cheaper version for their kids to play kind of thing and then they can just share the same dock.
But if it doesn't have the mode (say it's locked out by software or they actually change the port to a different style just for charging) then that's kind of crappy and detracts from the value a bit.
04-04-2019 08:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Our Affiliates - Affiliate with us!
Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight
We're listed at:
Forum Promotion RPGfix Vote for Endless Fight at Top Site List Planet
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison