Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death battle
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Death battle
I'm actually kind of surprised we didn't have a topic for this already...

But who here watches Death Battle? Which episode is your favourite? Which one do you dislike? (and of course, why do you like or dislike those episodes?) Which endings did you hate, but still agree with? Which endings did you disagree with and why?

For those who haven't heard of/watched Death Battle... Here is what it is

(Their latest episode: Goku vs Superman)

01-19-2013 02:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
RE: Death battle
They're released another episode...

What did you think?

Spoiler:
I'm not overly fond of how they gave Batman a second battle right away when they could have done another match first.

Regardless though it was a good fight. I don't necessarily think Batman would win though. Captain America may not have mastered every martial art. But in hand to hand combat the fact he can put so much more strength behind his attacks means that even blocking causes damage. Also the fact that Cap has some Chi training could mean he could use techniques almost like Iron Fist making his attacks even more deadly.

Batman's gadgets would likely help, but most of them are designed to be non-lethal. Even his explosives only knock people out. They don't have enough power to actually kill. And that's against your garden variety thug. But Captain America is leagues above them in terms of physical capability and durability.

Stealth would definitely help Batman, but Cap does have ninjitsu/stealth training (along with a host of other types) also so he'd be aware of what to do and how to counter.

Ultimately I think this would come down to a fist fight and who's more durable. And that'd be Cap all the way.

09-09-2014 07:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Another Deathbattle has been released. (It was supposed to be Kirby vs Buu next, but animation issues prevented that so it's Deadpool vs Deathstroke instead.)

12-13-2014 02:01 AM
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
Been watching a lot of death battle for the hilarity and this last one was hilarious more so than serious ,but it is Deadpool so yeah.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIeRzAV7Ah0[/video]
12-13-2014 09:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Deadpool is a master of breaking the 4th wall.

Also, I'm amused they got Takahata101 to voice him. (Taka is a pretty good VO. He also does some professional VO work now.) I love the throwbacks to other characters he's done. (I'm not sure if they're intentional or just accidental. Like when He's teleporting over top of the cars and he does the zoidberg thing. Or when Deathstroke hits him into the car towards the end and he goes into a Nappa-like voice for a second.)

I also wasn't surprised by the outcome.
12-15-2014 01:34 AM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
So the Kirby vs Majin Buu episode came out...

And following that Ragna Bloodedge vs Sol Badguy too.

And next up is Gaara (Naruto) vs Toph (Avatar: The Last Airbender).

Thoughts on these two fights? What about the Gaara vs Toph one?
01-17-2015 06:45 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
The next fight, Gaara vs Toph, has been posted.

Thoughts?

Spoiler:
I thought the outcome was pretty obvious from the start. Guy who uses sand to fight versus the master of Earth bending (which would, more or less, include sand)?

Gaara never stood a chance.

I was surprised to hear General Ivan (Android 20/Father Maxwell of Team Four Star) as Gaara though.
02-10-2015 08:56 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
They released the remastered version of their first fight (Samus Aran vs Boba Fett).

02-27-2015 03:41 AM
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
A lot of people were whining when this one was announced, wanting to see something new rather than this old one again. Personally I didn't mind, I thought the old one was one of their worst, and since I like both Samus and Fett I am fine with them remastering the fight.

Then they dedicated the episode to Monty Oum and it made even more sense. You could see shades of Haloid clearly present in this battle, and I'm sure that many of the people at Screw Attack knew Monty and to some degree learned from him. The battle itself I thought was on the short side, I think the little dance number at the end was longer than the battle and so I am left wanting a little more. But again, I feel this was more a tribute to Monty than anything else.

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
02-27-2015 07:37 PM
randomdrifter865 Offline
The Man of Randomness

About Me
Well aside from the tribute to Monty Oum. I was one of those guys who were like really they had to make a remake of this fight after that I was like well just wait for the next one. At the end it look like they borrowed the scene from RWBY where team JNPR or Juniper dance to the same song and mostly same dance for the whole team. It is a nice tribute and one of my favorite moments in RWBY season 2 and its nice its represented here.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIeRzAV7Ah0[/video]
02-27-2015 08:10 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
I was kind of disappointed that they were remastering an old episode. I mean no offence, their old episodes are good and all, but I'd just rather see new match ups. I do understand why they did it, and having the tribute to Monty Oum was a great touch.

Though I do agree that it would definitely have been nice to see the fight go on a bit longer. Though I kinda think it couldn't have gone too long without turning things to be too lopsided towards Samus. I mean her arsenal, compared to Boba Fett's, is much larger in her armour. (They never really showed her using her missiles/super missiles, ice beam, grappling hook, bombs/power bombs, screw attack or speed booster. They sort used her ice beam... but I don't think the Paralyzer could actually use the ice beam. The lightsaber mode at least is somewhat plausible since it has the whip mode in ) And if she used all of them then the fight would have ended before switching to her Zero suit form.
02-28-2015 01:05 AM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
New episode is up...

Chuck Norris vs Segata Sanshiro

03-18-2015 08:45 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Another new episode...

Guts vs Nightmare

Admittedly I have little interest in this battle, but next one? I'm ready.

Tony Stark vs Lex Luthor (in a battle of brilliant powered armour users). Yes, please.
04-08-2015 02:03 PM
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
I thought this and the most recent one minute melee were among the worst animated that they've done. I am looking forward to Stark vs Luthor though.

As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
04-10-2015 12:00 AM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
The Lucario vs Renamon (which is the latest) or the Dan Hibiki vs Hercule Satan (second to latest)?
The Hercule/Dan one was kinda more for comedy than action. But the Renamon/Lucario one I thought was pretty good.

As for this Deathbattle, I thought it was ok. I don't think it was the worst animated, but it's far from their best. I did like some of the effects they used (since at times using sprites can be limiting, especially involving 3D movement).
04-10-2015 12:32 AM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Stark vs Luther is up

04-29-2015 04:47 PM
Demon_skeith Offline
Veteran poster

About Me
I'll look at that one later, should be pretty good and I'm betting its a tie.

Gamingforce - Daily video game news and game console news.
04-29-2015 05:53 PM
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
Beast vs Goliath was super short, only like a minute and a half long. I found it very unsatisfying. It could have been a one minute melee.

So Snake is up next, who would you like to see him fight?

05-23-2015 10:43 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Beast and Goliath was pretty bad. The animation was really short, not all that inspiring to watch and just kinda felt like it was rushed, like it was made just so they could have something as filler or padding to buy time to work on the next deathbattle.

Though admittedly, I don't care at all for Beast as a character (I never really liked him in the 90's X-men) so I think that's probably influencing my distaste for this episode some.

I think Snake should fight James Bond since they're both spies, both have cool gadgets and are good with all manner of weapons. I think going with someone like Sam Fisher is just too easy/predictable for them. Plus I'm not sure if it would even make for all that great of a match up because it'd basically come down to:
1- what level of arsenal does Snake get?
2- can Fisher's goggles detect Snake's octocamo/stealth suit?
3- who can find the other first.
4- who can shoot first.

And while someone like Leon Kennedy or Chris Redfield might be a possibility, I really couldn't see the matchups at all in their favour. Simply because they don't have as much stealth experience and they don't have anywhere near the gadgets Snake does. (Depending on what they give him... I mean Snake with full active camo means he's a force to be reckoned with. But they might not give him that. Octocamo maybe.) So they'd tend to go charging in and Snake would be sitting back, waiting, then put a bullet in their skulls.
05-23-2015 11:57 PM
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Snake vs Sam Fisher has been posted...

06-03-2015 07:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Our Affiliates - Affiliate with us!
Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight Endless Fight
We're listed at:
Forum Promotion RPGfix Vote for Endless Fight at Top Site List Planet
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison